Um.... what does this part that im missing do?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper679

Reaction score
Hello! Well, pulled off my quarter panels to get to my rear windows in my 73 coupe. Noticed both sides are missing the little bracket looking thing that is held on with two screws near the felt. I've included a pic I found online for reference. What does this bracket do? Can I make one? Do I need it? I am ready to put my interior back together but am waiting on an answer here for this. I can probably make something if I knew the purpose and function of this little bracket, I'm pretty handy that way. Does it push against the quarter window? Is there a pad on it if it does?
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017_220449_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_220449_YouTube.jpg
    678 KB
  • Screenshot_20241017_221234_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20241017_221234_YouTube.jpg
    331 KB
If I remember correctly it kind of supports the interior panel.
Thanks for that info. It looks like it is kinda bent in alittle towards the window. Does is keep this from rattling as well? Or is it's only purpose to support the panel?
Thanks all!

I think it has felt on it to guide the window on cars that roll up and down.

Are your windows fixed?
My windows work, but am hesitant to put my interior back in until I can for sure figure out this piece. I contacted motorcity for a replacement, dunno if he has any yet. looked in the shop manual and couldn't find the part. So anyone who has pics of it or has removed it that has any info would be a great help!
Thanks!

It’s a plastic panel support. It should fit up under the edge
Of the interior panel…

Back