Under Hood Photos?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a fellow Club member tell me it was a big no no to have spark plug wires tyrapped together (Like 72Fastbacks). Something like it may allow cross transients that affect how it runs? Has anybody else heard anything like that being an issue?

That being said, your under hood is awesome 72FB... :)
I've heard that also but I think today's new wires are a lot more insulated than the wires of yesteryear. Mine are zip stripped together also with no problems.

Sounds like you are referring to "cross firing" which sometimes happens in the firing order with two adjacent spark plug wires.

The situation is unique to certain engines and as a "precaution" the plug wires on those engines are suggested not to be "tied" together.

See attached link.

http://www.jasperengines.com/pdf/SparkPlugCross-FireTB.pdf

BT

HCODE, are your rubber fender to hood bumpers on correctly? I just added them to my 71 using the 72 coupe as a reference and they were opposite to what you have in the pic above? AFAIK, the ones on my 72 are original and have never been tampered with.

Back