update goes on

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
WHILE WAITING FOR MY ENGINE TO GET BACK FROM THE MACHINE SHOP I JUST FINISHED MY BRAKES. NEW PADS, CALIPER HARDWARE, REAR WHEEL CYLINDERS, SPRING KIT AND NEW REAR BRAKE LINES. SO NO MATTER WHAT GOES BACK UNDER THE HOOD I SHOULD BE ABLE TO STOP SAFELY. MY BOYS AND SOME FRIENDS ARE UPSET I'M NOT ''BEEFING UP ON HORSEPOWER" LOL I DECIDED THAT SINCE I'M NOT UPGRADING THE SUSPENSION, STEERING OR HOPEFULLY NOTHIND ELSE IN THE DRIVELINE I WOULD OVER DUE THE POWER. IT'S NOT STOCK BY NO MEANS AND I AM DROPPING DOWN ON THE CAM TO IMPROVE THE IDLE AND LOWER ENG PERFORMANCE. THE SHOP GUESS I'LL BE AROUND 325HP WHICH SHOULD SPIN THE WHEEL ALRIGHT FOR ME.:p

Sounds like progress! Keep those updates coming!

I'm right behind you, Alan. Sounds like you're spending time doing worthwhile projects while the engine gets machined.

Which cam did you decide to go with? And is yours the 351C-2V or 4V?

Please keep us posted with tiips, problems, etc. I haven't pulled the motor yet, but it's coming.

Thanks!

Doc

Not2Old,

Do you have any current pics with the engine out? Are you cleaning up your engine bay while it is out?

Add some pics...I like to see what mine will look like when I get to the wheels and tires stage.. :)

I'm right behind you, Alan. Sounds like you're spending time doing worthwhile projects while the engine gets machined.

Which cam did you decide to go with? And is yours the 351C-2V or 4V?

Please keep us posted with tiips, problems, etc. I haven't pulled the motor yet, but it's coming.

Thanks!

Doc
Hi Doc, Still have not got any details from the shop on his recommendations of what cam I have and to buy. Will post once info comes in.

Sorry for the delay to respond

Alan

Cool moving right along. Hope to do some more on my motor tomorrow night. Just a word of caution to anyone that buys the March serpentine conversion, There is quiet a bit of adjusting to line everything up.

Back