Warning Light Issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcgill89

Reaction score
My Car
None
On my '73, I have the left "pod" that has all the warning lights. When I turn the key on, only the "Alt" light comes on. The others don't light at all.

Is this an issue with the circuit board, or do I have issues with all the sensors (brake, oil, water)?

Is there a way to test this? I don't like the idea of not having an oil pressure light.

Thanks, and I'm getting there, slowly.

On my '73, I have the left "pod" that has all the warning lights. When I turn the key on, only the "Alt" light comes on. The others don't light at all.

Is this an issue with the circuit board, or do I have issues with all the sensors (brake, oil, water)?

Is there a way to test this? I don't like the idea of not having an oil pressure light.

Thanks, and I'm getting there, slowly.
I just cranked my sprint. I turn the key towards me and the altenator light comes up very dimly (still need to get that checked out) and when I turn the key forward the oil light comes on very bright. When I crank the key to start the car the temp and brake lights come on very bright. If I were you I would first check the bulbs before going further.

If my memory is correct the Alt light is straight wired and not part of the circuit board. I agree, check the bulbs first and make sure the tips of the bulb holders are not broken.

I think that the pod is the issue. I don't get a brake, oil or temp light. I guess it could be bulbs, or the circuit on the cluster or maybe a ground. When I got the car it didn't have one o the fuses. It just so happened that the missing fuse was the one for the warning lights and seat belt buzzer. Now even with the fuse back in the lights don't work but the seat belt buzzer does.

Back