Weekly Fun Question - Test Your 71-73 Mustang Knowledge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
As previously stated, I am now generating the "Weekly Fun Question" on Saturday evenings at approximately 7:00 P.M. (CST). This question is NOT to be confused with the "PERIODIC" one that carries an award with it.

We are asking that responses to the question be sent to me via a "PM" with a courtesy copy to "Rocketfoot" to ensure the integrity of the process. While I will still consider the first correct response as the "winner", I will not announce the winner until the following Monday evening. We believe this will add to the number of participants and was a GREAT suggestion from Doc.

The question this week is:

What was the difference between the "Package A" and "Package B" on the 1972 Sprint Mustangs?

Good Luck!

BT

Nevermind. I just read the part about PM'ing the responses, so I deleted my answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was one of those questions where I would have accepted two (2) different answers as a result of conflicting documentation from different sources.

The acceptable responses are:

1. Package "B" contained all items included in Package "A" plus 15 inch Magnum 500 wheels (in place of the hub cap/trim rings) and F60x15 tires.

2. Package"B" contained all items included in Package "A" plus 15 inch Magnum 500 wheels (in place of the hub cap/trim rings, F60x15 tires and the competition suspension.

The first ELIGIBLE member to respond correctly was TN FASTBACK who has earned "bragging rights" for his response to this week question and the addition of a nice icon to commemorate his performance.

It should be noted that our resident Technical Advisor/Super Moderator (72HCODE) was actually the first to respond correctly but he was not eligible:)!

THANKS to all who participated!!

BT

Congratulations Tnfastbk! You now have a nice shinny award in your post profile!

Yes, TNFASTBK, it was you and not TNFASTBACK. As the "kids" say, MY BAD!

For posterity, I have corrected the original post.

BTW, you did GREAT with your response - - must be all of that AF training!

AIM HIGH!

BT

Back