what is your close call while driving in a car ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an engine mount let go on a sbc while going up a steep drive under part throttle. It torqued over enough to bind up throttle linkages and add a bit more gas. Had to hit the key and stopped about 3ft from the house.

Another time I just stuck a dyna digital adjustable ignition on my Softail Custom, took it for a run and it started to miss, I reached down to push the leads back on the coil, coil is almost directly below your right butt cheek, Very Dum move the friggin thing bit me several times and I near rode off the exit ramp I was now on. Don't know if it was the juice from the hipo coil or the near miss but the ticker was jumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was 15 my brother and I were driving from Nashville to Va. Beach to visit my mother. We were driving a 73 Vega wagon (because we hated Mustang II's LOL :D ) it was extremely early in the AM and we'd been driving all day. It was my turn to drive and there was no telling how many times I nodded off while driving. well the last time, I was awakened by red tail lights and rocks hitting the car. Well imagine a car that had come across the median... apparently he had been nodding off too!!! so imagine his car passing mine with his car sliding past at about 25% sideways and missing me about 4 feet as he went by it looked like I coulda held my hand out and High fived him.... but he was BUSY fighting the wheel trying his best to keep out of our line of cars passing him by now at about 60. His EYES were as big as saucers when he passed me. Course I imagine mine were too cuz I wasnt sleepy ANY more!!!!! I looked in the mirror and I think he made it okay....my brother woke up and thought it was US!!!! LOL

Back