What is your favorite non-Ford muscle car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMC Pacer! Bad to the bone!! 252" 6 with a 3 on the tree... :D

Better yet, a wagon with wood on the sides... OH so suburban!!
Always wondered what a mild chop-top could do for one of 'em.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? I have Photoshop!

2lut2t5.jpg

-Kurt

P.S.: No AMC Rebel Machine fans in the mix? I can't imagine anyone not liking the one-off 1971 AMC Matador Machine either.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMC Pacer! Bad to the bone!! 252" 6 with a 3 on the tree... :D

Better yet, a wagon with wood on the sides... OH so suburban!!
Always wondered what a mild chop-top could do for one of 'em.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? I have Photoshop!

2lut2t5.jpg

-Kurt

P.S.: No AMC Rebel Machine fans in the mix? I can't imagine anyone not liking the one-off 1971 AMC Matador Machine either.
That would be like chopping an egg!

I realize you guys dont like me speaking ill of our Mustangs.... but facts are facts..... The only Mustangs to beat this one.

images

#39 71 Boss 351 with a 4 spd

#44 69 Shelby

#48 69 428 CJ Mach I

and the GOOD news is the 71 beat it by .48 seconds. NOTE our BIG BODY carz....beat the elite Shelby and elusive 69 Mach I !!!! so you guys that have a 71 BOSS???? :D:D:D:D

My first car was a 67 Camaro RS, second was a 72 Mach 1. The Mach 1 I bought new.

However, here is my list. I truly love all muscle cars and don't limit myself to Ford. I bought my classic Mach 1 because that was the car that meant more to me when I was young.

1969 SS RS Camaro

1970 Chevelle SS 396

1970-71 SS RS Camaro (I think the RS got you the split bumper)

1969 Pontiac GTO

All the Dodge Chargers

All the Plymouth Challenger

Well it's easier to say all the Mopar true muscle cars.

I even like the Duster's. Had a friend that use to beat my Mach 1 regularly with a 340 Duster

I really love and respect all the Detroit muscle cars of the lat 60s and early 70s. If I could buy one of each that would be fantastic! Powerball!

Oh.... one unrespected powerhouse ...69 AMX...390 4spd Hurst edition. I actually had a chance to buy one before I bought the convertible. SIX THOUSAND!!!! ... I went back to get it... and the car was there but never could get the guy to answer the door or return my calls.... then I went by 2 months later and it was GONE! :mad:

a friend in high school bought one in 73... (no that's a lie he didnt buy crap his parents gave it to him).... That thing was SCARY !!! beat every Trans Am , GTO and bad azz rod at school UNTIL he hit a fuel tanker at roughly 90 miles an hour in the side. Police said the fact the car was scattered many many many yards past the point of impact ..including him and what was left of the seat and a portion of the cockpit area was the only thing that saved him. Cal was in the hospital for at least 6 months

one of the top worst accident scenes I've ever seen how he lived is beyond me.

My cousin had a 70 Challenger with a 440 Six Pack and a pistol grip 4speed. I have to say that's got to be the coolest non Ford I ever drove. I'm also partial to 70 Dodge Daytona's I love those Wing cars.

I like most classics

but.... I look at this in a different way. "What would I give up my 71 for"

67 GTX

68 GTX/Road Runner

68 Chevelle

66 Chevelle

67 Chevelle

68 GTO

69 GTO

I've owned Olds, Chevelle, Mustangs, 1 Cougar ....since I'm going on 8 years with my convertible and 3 years on my 71....I suppose I'm pretty happy. There IS one ole gal that if I "HAVE TO" i'll sell the Mach I to get....

R1-02278-000A_0001.jpg

I've already bought the Caddy sitting next to it.
One of my favorite threads. going to look at the ole gurl in the pic this weekend ...just to check on her.

Kinda like the ole waiting on that high school sweet heart. I'm thinking this old woman isnt giving up. So my top picks RIGHT NOW

Current deals working:

1967 Cuda Convertible

1970 Mustang Convertible 347 stroker

1970 Mach I

1966 Charger 383 4spd car

1967 GTX

1968 Mustang Convertible 6cyl * will convert to 8cyl.

1968 GTX.... its high and serious need of restore

General wish list:

1967-69 Firebird

1969-76 Trans Am 77-79 for cheapo build..had a 79 back in the day

1970-71 Dodge Challenger

1968-72 Road Runner

1968-71 Dodge Charger

1967-71 Plymouth Satellite/GTX

1970 Duster maybe 71 4spd big block

1968-70 AMC Javelin & AMX

1969-72 Camaro Z-28 70 is favorite

1969 Gran Torino

1969-GTO

Dodge Challenger from the 70's and Camaro 67 to 69.

There were so many beautifull cars, Chevrolet Nova, Plymouth Barracuda and more...

I still have this box, but not the model :(

SAM_4860.JPG

Back