What is your favorite non-Ford muscle car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1970-1974 Plymouth Barracuda (Anyone deciphered my username yet?)

1968-1970 Dodge Charger

1959 Chrysler 300E

And though it is Ford, it is not badged as such:

1969-1970 Mercury Marauder X100

An evil part of me does wish that the C3 Corvette had been a Ford made with steel panels, but I remember to forget that wish every time I sit in one.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
My 71 Camaro SS/RS..Just a pleasure to drive (non stock suspension) Every time I'm done driving it I can't get over how well it drives how much fun it is..
Nice Q!

I have also have a '72 Camaro that handles as well as my 540i BMW which is saying a lot. It is amazing how well these cars handle. I love the body style. I'll have to think about my list....but I know a Cuda and Challenger are on it. I also really like some of the older vette's.

John

My favorite non-Ford muscle car is probably from the GTO family. I love the 64 and 65. Very understated design and would just plain light the rear tires. Plus it was one of the first if not the first (you could argue about that all day) muscle cars. I like kind of unique cars that you don't see every day. Watching this year's Barrett Jackson Scottsdale sale I swear I saw about 6 carousel red GTO Judges. A really cool car and it's a shame to say but it's almost cliche. No offense to Judge lovers, I love them too.

Also a fan of the Buick GNX or even the chrome bumper Grand Nationals. Tough to think of a V6 as a muscle car but that boost comes in and kicks you right in the ass. It definitely deserves muscle car status in my opinion.

Above all I love all muscle cars that are driven and enjoyed. Wanna guess how much I care about the million dollar, 1 of 7 or whatever Hemi Cuda convertibles? Way less then I care about a gorgeous fraction of the price clone of it with the owner who isn't afraid to let it eat.

An evil part of me does wish that the C3 Corvette had been a Ford made with steel panels' date=' but I remember to forget that wish every time I sit in one.[/quote']
Don't like eating the steering wheel while you try to drive with it? I'm not a huge guy by any means but that's one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I can think of. I've heard C2s are pretty uncomfortable too but I've never been in one. That's a true "never meet your hero" kind of car. Too bad because it is truly a beautiful car.

This is tough decision because with my preferences it's often a matter of flavor of the day. But here we go:

1971 Roadrunner

70/71 Cuda

68-70 Charger (I prefer the 69 because of the divided front grille and wide tail lights)

Roadrunners before 71

Coronets

Chevelle S/S

70-72 Camaro

Ooh, if only I had room and money. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
By the base there was a donked out ( look it up it's stupid) 80's Monte Carlo and that gave me the idea for a Muddy Carlos version I would do to it if it ever went up for sale

Lifted_Monte_Carlo_by_o0FallenStar0o.jpg

An evil part of me does wish that the C3 Corvette had been a Ford made with steel panels' date=' but I remember to forget that wish every time I sit in one.[/quote']
Don't like eating the steering wheel while you try to drive with it? I'm not a huge guy by any means but that's one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I can think of. I've heard C2s are pretty uncomfortable too but I've never been in one. That's a true "never meet your hero" kind of car. Too bad because it is truly a beautiful car.
Never mind eating the steering wheel - I can't stick my head out the window without major surgery to my neck (or the driprail).

Having a passenger makes elbow contact mandatory too, which isn't that desirable at times...

By sheer comparison, the '71-73s are salons. Even feels big in comparison to the huge interior tub of a '70s Lincoln, if only because there is less visual clutter surrounding the passengers.

-Kurt

I like most classics

but.... I look at this in a different way. "What would I give up my 71 for"

67 GTX

68 GTX/Road Runner

68 Chevelle

66 Chevelle

67 Chevelle

68 GTO

69 GTO

I've owned Olds, Chevelle, Mustangs, 1 Cougar ....since I'm going on 8 years with my convertible and 3 years on my 71....I suppose I'm pretty happy. There IS one ole gal that if I "HAVE TO" i'll sell the Mach I to get....

R1-02278-000A_0001.jpg

I've already bought the Caddy sitting next to it.

I always liked the "pre bubble" fender AMC Javelins.

My neighbor has a sweet 70 CUDA...... I would drive one if given to me LOL :D

Same guy also has a nice 70 challenger....

My wife has been bugging me to get her a 71 Chevelle..... My brothers brother-in-law (i think that's right) was selling his and I almost bought it last summer. He still has it and my wife still wants it. But if I bought it I would have to drop in an all ford drivetrain just to piss people off.

There are many for me and most have been mentioed but for non-Ford muscle my top choices are easy:

1970 442 W-30 (neighbor/friend had/has one) Dr. Olds did good on this one! LOL

1970 GSX (friend had a killer Kenne Bell preparred one)

1969 Chevelle SS 396 (first car)

1971 Trans Am (friend had one)

Ray

My favorite non-ford was a Dodge Challenger, but now the car I'd like to own most is a 72 Charger. I want one in green like this crazy beast:

1971_dodge_charger-pic-61256.jpeg
Here's your chance for $2,500:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4319451189.html

Been curious about it myself, to be honest. Looks as if it was partially restored and put on some sort of stands. May be better than it looks (though I doubt it).

-Kurt

Been curious about it myself, to be honest. Looks as if it was partially restored and put on some sort of stands. May be better than it looks (though I doubt it).

-Kurt
I reckon that's a bargain no matter what. One small problem preventing me picking it up though.......the Pacific Ocean.
hors-bord.gif

-Kurt
I reckon that's a bargain no matter what. One small problem preventing me picking it up though.......the Pacific Ocean.
hors-bord.gif
Apparently you havent paid attention.... I can HELP with that..... :D:D:D

Back