What "kept you from" what you wanted to do on your 7173 today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like Kurt today..... so today my issue is people that use more time making excuses they could have done the work that was expected of them. But the good news is the manager that "assumed" I knew nothing about mechanics found that I'm a very patient, sneaky bastage.... I've been collecting information on his lies for over a year. I recited almost every lie he told me..... there were some surprised faces......

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of...

Me- Recovering from recent "repair" to the hip, I can look, but can't do much.

Son- Homework!

New wheels and tires plus new plumbing pretties are stacked up waiting for us.

Maybe we can get the rubber under her this weekend.....

Me- Recovering from recent "repair" to the hip, I can look, but can't do much.

Son- Homework!

New wheels and tires plus new plumbing pretties are stacked up waiting for us.

Maybe we can get the rubber under her this weekend.....
hope the hip has FORD parts!!:D Hope you recover and you guys can get to your fun.

Back in January had O2 sensor on my EFI replace and retuned. Taken to a dyno tune shop which told something keeping the tune up from hitting the 350+ hp as rated from the rebuilder before the EFI system was installed which offered amended O2 set up to handle up to 400hp. Outside of thinking wrong O2 set up via reinstallation of the stock 250hp set up to the EFI unit which rated still for the 351 Cleveland, though 2 barrel carburetor. Been laid up for 6 weeks in the dyno tune shop.

Yesterday.... my daughters swim meet which I NEVER miss. Today, well the wifes Accord drops a passenger side window. GREAT!!! anybody realize they use a cable pully set up on those? True. Not too bad, just no convenient way to fix it.

Yesterday.... my daughters swim meet which I NEVER miss. Today, well the wifes Accord drops a passenger side window. GREAT!!! anybody realize they use a cable pully set up on those? True. Not too bad, just no convenient way to fix it.
Duct tape works good to hold the window up:D Make sure to get the Nascar tape:exclamation:

Duct tape works good to hold the window up:D Make sure to get the Nascar tape:exclamation:
LOL.... while I evaluate the proper broken item ... I used the "clear packing tape" :D

Why you ask? because it doesn't show up as easily!!! :D

Dodge did the same thing to the Ram Van when they took the quarter windows out in 1998.

From a perfectly normal scissor regulator (reproduced by the aftermarket already), they changed to a cable pulley setup. Not only does the cable pulley work terrible when NEW out of the box, the nylon pulleys are too small for the cable bends. The cables to prematurely fray and cause rapid destruction of the nylon pulleys.

And the best part: Nobody except a Dodge dealer will sell you replacements for the manual regulators - only power.

-Kurt

Dodge did the same thing to the Ram Van when they took the quarter windows out in 1998.

From a perfectly normal scissor regulator (reproduced by the aftermarket already), they changed to a cable pulley setup. Not only does the cable pulley work terrible when NEW out of the box, the nylon pulleys are too small for the cable bends. The cables to prematurely fray and cause rapid destruction of the nylon pulleys.

And the best part: Nobody except a Dodge dealer will sell you replacements for the manual regulators - only power.

-Kurt
I would say lol....but it aint funny. I get it. I suppose after tomorrows big presentation, I'll do the rest of it and see what OTHER task will get in my way. We have a car show this weekend I'd like to get ONE of the cars in it. :mad::mad::mad:

Been working on the 1972 coupe. Put in a 351W, built a paint booth, and getting it prepped for painting. Now I get a text from wife, can we move some bushes tonight after work? Well no work on the Mustang tonight, sigh... "Where do you want to transplant the bushes dear?"

Last edited by a moderator:
lol!! My wife fusses at me for not working on the cars. THEN she doesn't understand WHY it takes me so long to get to them.... normal rides maintence, cleaning them, yard, trimming trees, bushes... helping vacuuming.... oh and washing the dogs. Well...... you figure it out.

Well a normal 20 minute fuel pump change on the 67 vert,...stopped mid-stream due to one of the 47 year old bolts twisted off:s. Now today I ordered a new window regulator for the wife's Honda and some Rancho's for my truck.

fraudulent mechanics working on my brake system~parking brake just wo'nt hold car and to think a 10.5 inch discs on power disc brakes all around should bring it to a stop really fast but i can only figure those working on my brakes are as experienced in that field as a fly by nighters and hack jobs even as far as mobilit works for years in my case. Can not trust driving it if it does not stop as quickly as it accellerates in a 0-60mph drag run.

Back