what rebuild kit do I need for this old holley

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbrian

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang
Here are the numbers
C80F-9510-D
LIST-3796-1

I would like to rebuild this carb but do not know what kit to get.

Thank you

Last edited:
This is great information. I was told that the carb was used on 390 engines in ford automobiles. If it is for a marine engine then I will not use it and toss it out.

This is great information. I was told that the carb was used on 390 engines in ford automobiles. If it is for a marine engine then I will not use it and toss it out.
I'm so sorry...I just gave you the total schpiel for a 6361. I apologize. I also have a 3796. I will delete prior post.

Incidentally, the same carb kit works for the 3796. 3-1184

Yes, the 3796 is a GT390 carb. Like the 6361, it has some strange behaviors. I had to install an adjustable pod to get the secondaries to open slow enough so as not to cause a lean hesitation. I put adjustable primary and secondary metering blocks so I could tune the power valve and idle feed restrictors.

That carb doesn't have a PCV port, so beware. The 390 used a tube that connected to opposite runners on the intake as opposed to a port in the main plenum. I tried one of those expensive 428 carb spacers (that has PCV port) and it won't seal on a typical intake or carb....there's a portion of the pcv port that's doesn't get covered and would result in severe vacuum leak.

Most of it I measured myself with gauge pins but some of it is out there, as well. If you come across a comprehensive list, please let me know...and I'll do the same if I should find one.

Back