What's on your nightstand? What's inside your waistband?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 Dirty Harry Automag II's in .22 magnum one has 8" barrel and the other 4".

I heard back when AMT only made one Auto-mag in .44 magnum for the movie

and the public could get the .22 magnum.

This pistol is the S and I was hooked the first time I fired one!

I've been outta touch with the AMT brand I think another company took it over

and they were based in LA.

o1t14.jpg

Love the Stainless!

Paul

Dirty Harry is the man. Although the 29 is more Travis Bickle (or maybe Humungus) than Dirty Harry, the .44 AMP is pretty close. Even have the .357 AMP barrel for it too.

littleboys.jpg

I have 2 Dirty Harry Automag II's in .22 magnum one has 8" barrel and the other 4".

o1t14.jpg

Love the Stainless!

Paul

Dirty Harry is the man. Although the 29 is more Travis Bickle (or maybe Humungus) than Dirty Harry, the .44 AMP is pretty close. Even have the .357 AMP barrel for it too.
Well that photo inspires my envy right there. Cool guns those 29s look so right and a automag is just sweet

Last edited by a moderator:

o1t14.jpg

Love the Stainless!

Paul

Well that photo inspires my envy right there. Cool guns those 29s look so right and a automag is just sweet
I was about to buy an Auto Mag before Sudden Impact came out. A range/store I shot at had one for $625 (thts seemed way too high but they were hard to find). After farting around for about I year I had stashed enough to go for it. The movie came out and they doubled the price. Finally got mine eight years later. When I got it, the AM seemed very Buck Rogers compared to my other stuff. Now it feels vintage next to an OA-93. That piece feels Flash Gordon.

When the adrenalin is pumping my aim and everything else would be off so for me I don't want to train in a way that could/would add to poor shot placement. Your cop examples illustrate this perfectly and I'd probably be right there with them fumbling around. I gave the black Nano and holster to my oldest son as a Marine Corps boot camp graduation present. He thinks it's a great shooter and it is.

Trying to remain calm is a great antidote to fumbling around but is easier said than done when bullets are flying and everything goes tunnel vision.
Yup, when you think you have to pull your gun and shoot at real people " not targets" is scary...your head feels like it going to burst, and your hand will shake, and everything else, your life on the line and other things..wow, it is a freaky feeling..Only once did i think i was going to have a real fire fight in Wa state..lol

We was up on a old logging road no one used away from everything, camping, just me and 3 other freinds...One friend was kinda anti gun, and complaning about the amount of fire power i wanted to take with me, Told me you're guns are going to get us killed...i laughed and said i don't go into the woods unarmed and if a big bull decided to come into camp and stomp you and your tent in, you will be begging for my gun..lol...Other freind " federal guy i was talking about" went with us...Took his colt m4 and a pistol too.

When night fell, i stuck my fully loaded black powder 44 pistol in the chair next too me, incase of critters...always gets spooky at night anyways so far up in the woods away from everything...Suddenly 4 big 4x4 trucks come busting up on our camp with spot lights. full of people, then about 20 hunting dogs come runing up the canyon " illegal night hunters" and was not hunting season , probably after bear or something, my anti gun friend says..."Get your guns, get your guns!! all quite too me " i still give him hell about this night to this day!!" i quitely said i already got it in my hand ....My federal friend sitting across the camp had his m4 colt and was hunkered down by the truck...We had about a 15 min stand off...And i had a feeling they was close to just jumping out and tring to mess with us or worse..they peeled off thou and did not say one word...They did not want to be turned in im sure, they just was figuring out if they could do something i think ..way out where we was, we was on our own. I still tell him...Get your guns!! Get your guns!! lol..Lets just say, he will never complain about my gun again ;)

Edc is what I have on me.

There might be stuff to deter in my room.

I will not confirm, nor deny on a forum. :)
Understood. I too may or may not have additional resources to deter plus I have "friends" who can track down any that somehow get away. ;)

The home defense recommendation thread got me thinking this might be fun to talk about.
I would be remiss if I didnt remind you guys that when I visited his office he took great pride as the security guys ask me that same question "what's in your waistband and night stand" after molesting me his guys let me go and the grin on his face was priceless.....:huh::D
I cannot confirm or deny that incident but it was funny.
lollerz

The gun on my night stand is whatever I carried that day. My carry rotation includes a Springfiled XDS 9mm, Keltek P3AT, and H&K P2000 in .357 Sig. The XDs has been getting the most use lately as it is teh best compromise between between conceal-ability and stopping power. Is generally carried in a belt slide holster or N82 tactical. The H&K is usually carried in a Galco shoulder holster. Theh .380 is genrally carried in a pocket holster or a N82 tactical.

3696809+_e47ec8ce3aa5cbabfcbf5b7f54ddbae1.jpg

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I ...wait....

at the door....

german-shepherd-open-the-big-mouth_93829-1920x1200.jpg

on the nightstand...

clyde_armory_smith_and_wesson_mp9_151084.jpg

on the office desk...

Martial-Arts-Nunchucks-CLD060.jpg

and tha wife's back-up plan should I not be successful.

75.jpg

OMG, Numchekes ( how the hell do you spell it?)

I have a pair that I have played with since 1981. Pretty damn good with them, too... They sit in a drawer beside my bed. Almost forgot about them, lol

I have a bunch of guns, on my motorcycle rides out of state i carry a Rugger LCP380, very compact and bigger than a 22, i have my concealed carry permit, which is now an open carry permit in Oklahoma but i only carry when i know i'm going to iffy places, never have shot an animal, God forbids i ever shot a human being

I have a Glock 22 .40 cal in a gun vault in my night stand as well, it is loaded with Remington Ultimate Home Defense hollow points. Next to it is a KaBar Heavy Bowie, in case things get personal. Next to the wife is a Mossberg 500, if anyone sticks around after pumping it then they deserve the AA target load and slugs it's loaded with.

As for carry, if we could here, it would more than likely be a HK USP Compact in 9mm, or a Glock 19.

The thing is in Arizona you never know who is carrying. No permits needed for conceal carry or anything else short of fully automatic. We are still in some ways the wild west

The thing is in Arizona you never know who is carrying. No permits needed for conceal carry or anything else short of fully automatic. We are still in some ways the wild west
Shall not be infringed........

I wonder why we have NFA

That would be wonderful to have in RI.. I will be moving somewhere in the west at some point in my life. I believe in RI you need a "good reason" to apply for a permit.

I will be a police officer once I am done with school, but I would like fellow responsible citizens to be able to have their own weapons to help protect society and themselves.

Back