Wheels with trim ring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
Hey guys,

These are on my 71 Mach 1 parts car (true Mach 1 according to the VIN). I have looked around and it appears not everyone can agree if they are orginal or not. I had thought about cleaning them up and using them (at least until I save cash for others). Thoughts? They are kinda cool since I would not have to worry about them rusing.

wheelandring.jpg

That is what I had on my 73 Mach 1 took them off our 76 Starsky and Hutch Gran Torino. I had the red torino centers though. I would use them. I have seen them used without beauty ring with a nice coat of argent on the rims they looked great. Do you have a pic of the parts car? Love the Blue and argent combos.

Not original for 71-3 Mustangs
What do you think it came from?
Did you read my post? Torinos 1974-1976, Cougars and Torino Elites 74-76, LTD II 77-78, Rancheros 74-78
Mweeps and Don

100 percent correct. For 1971 - 73 Mustangs, there were no magnum 500 wheels with trim rings. 71 and 72 Mustangs came factory with magnums when so ordered, 73 had the slotted aluminum wheels similarly.

Ray

Back