Which aluminum radiator is best?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the modified restrictor plate you are discussing as well as the water pump passage modifications that some people perform. I'm not saying that they don't work-but I am saying that when a Cleveland Specific Thermostat is used with a proper bypass plate, that it works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the modified restrictor plate you are discussing as well as the water pump passage modifications that some people perform. I'm not saying that they don't work-but I am saying that when a Cleveland Specific Thermostat is used with a proper bypass plate, that it works well.
you said it was "bad advice"

panteras came with all those factory parts . . panteras run hot from the factory just like almost every old corvette in the world does . . the bypsass plates reduced operating temps in the panteras . . there is probably not a single pantera in the world that does not have one.

if someone has a cleveland in a car that is not a pantera and it is box stock with a properly working cooling system, then the stock system does work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am still of the opinion that it creates potential issues and hot spots. Maybe it isn't "bad" advice, but I'm going to stop short of saying it is a good idea too.

I'm running a higher performance motor than 90% of the members here, and in 100+ degree heat with the AC on, I have no overheating problems. That doesn't make me right though.

Well I am still of the opinion that it creates potential issues and hot spots. Maybe it isn't "bad" advice, but I'm going to stop short of saying it is a good idea too.

I'm running a higher performance motor than 90% of the members here, and in 100+ degree heat with the AC on, I have no overheating problems. That doesn't make me right though.
Whatever you guys decide, stay AWAY from Chinese radiators unless you enjoy replacing them on a regular basis. I would say that Japanese and Taiwanese parts are fine, but no China. Of course, US, Canada, and Mexico are fine... as is Brazil and Argentina for places of manufacture as well. The issue with Chinese parts is the inconsistency in quality.

Back