White Deluxe door panels wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
I'm sure it's impossible to find a NOS pair or an almost perfect set of use ones so who sells the best aftermarket ones? I need to replace the cracked ones in my 72 sprint convertible.

I'm sure it's impossible to find a NOS pair or an almost perfect set of use ones so who sells the best aftermarket ones? I need to replace the cracked ones in my 72 sprint convertible.
Think I got mine from CJPony but most online Mustang supply houses have them. Was very happy as the panels were much better quality than the originals. But; you will also need the pull handle, door panels, carpet, speaker grills etc. Some products I looked at were more complete than others so just be careful.

mike

matching pull handles and cups would be nice.

My original pull handles were messed up. I ended up painting a dark blue one white. It works okay, I went to a professional shop and got the correct type of paint, but with the constant use you can tell they have been painted.

I think you can purchase pulls in black now, but I need white... I don't understand why they make them in black. Seems white would be easier to dye an other color and black would be the hardest.

matching pull handles and cups would be nice.

My original pull handles were messed up. I ended up painting a dark blue one white. It works okay, I went to a professional shop and got the correct type of paint, but with the constant use you can tell they have been painted.

I think you can purchase pulls in black now, but I need white... I don't understand why they make them in black. Seems white would be easier to dye an other color and black would be the hardest.
You need to take all that into account right down to the window handle screw covers. If you are going to spend the money on new panels every other part needs to look good right down to the wind lacing and weather strip. Now that the panel is off, take a look at the window mechanism.

When it comes to paint, buy from the same vendor. I bought 'bright blue metallic' with the same part number on the cans from different vendors and they were different colors. Go figure. I buy my interior paint from NPD. The trick is to get all the interior colors to match when bought from different vendors.

mike

All my hardware and handles are in good shape. I guess I'll check the usual vendors and see who can come in at around $300 for a pair. I already have the blue carpet as I'm sure standard is black.

Back