Who wants to.....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
So, here you have it- my ultimate dream car. Maybe not necessarily this one, since it seems a bit too rare to drive around and rack up miles. I know these cars are expensive, but I think I could settle for one that is not "optioned."

HERE is the link

45259256-770-0.jpg

So, here you have it- my ultimate dream car. Maybe not necessarily this one, since it seems a bit too rare to drive around and rack up miles. I know these cars are expensive, but I think I could settle for one that is not "optioned."

HERE is the link

45259256-770-0.jpg
You should have been looking in about 1974 when they cost less than $1,000. There was one local 426 with 2 4-V for $21,000 in 1996. They were really sorry cars but the wealthy jumped into the market and made the prices go up. In 1975 our loading dock guy that drove fork truck had a hemi bird and AAR cuda that he paid less than $1,000 each. You could not get gas so nobody wanted them.

The rich ruin everything for us car guys. They don't know how to change spark plugs but think they are something to own a Hemi or Boss.

My opinion and I am sticking with it.

David

I just really love the look of this year, particularly the grille. Not too crazy for the 74's grille or rear lights, still a nice looking car though.

Yes, the rich can deff ruin it for us hard-working car lovers who actually spend time learning about what they have and how to fix it themselves.. There are some very very nice 71's for MUCH less than this one was priced at, I just loved the color scheme and history the seller wrote in his ad.

Ill own one some day. Maybe twenty years from now I can have my dream car parked near my Mustang :)

its the high end car auctions that kill it for all of us!!

you have the guys that watch Barrett Jackson auction, they'll see that Barracuda go for $200k next thing you know the Rusty car down the street is selling for $75k because in their mind its a $200k car, but in reality, its not worth a penny over $7.5k

Elisabeth, I am with you on this one.

I'd prefer it in green but those cudas are just awesome.

But I may be biased as I'm a Mopar nut anyway. :)

Elizabeth you have great taste in cars. I will take mine all black tubbed and blown thanks. Wouldn't need a real Hemi, 440, RT etc could start with a base model and trick it up would be cheaper and I wouldn't be destroying the rare stuff.

1622r6g.jpg
[/img]

Hey folks,

the '71 Cuda Convertible rings my bell big time as well. What has been said above is very true i also feel, but when you stop and think that good old Mopar turned out very limited production numbers to a certain percentage of their models from the late Fifties to the early Seventies, it's no wonder the money boys did what they did, as many limited production numbered cars have price wise been blown out of the water!!

This car is one hell of a drop dead sexy vehicle.

HOWEVER -

In my own opinion, whats the big deal about the interior of this '71 Cuda compared to my '73 Mustang? I think i would rather have my interior over the Cudas.

nash-bridges-1-for-sale-on-ebay--image-courtesy-of-texas-classic-cars-of-dallas_100394429_l.jpg

018.JPG

017.JPG

AND WHILE I'M AT IT!, I know my Vert ain't a '71 Cuda Convertible, but again, in my opinion, she's not too far behind. But you know i won't be asking between $100,000 and $3,500,000 for it either.lollerz There were more than 11, '73 Mustang Verts made as well.

001.JPG

CHECK THIS OUT!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/06/17/171-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible-sold-for-record-35-million/

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Yeah, I agree with everyone. I posted this one not because of the ridiculous price, but because it just fit my bill with the looks.

I think this car looks great in any color you can imagine. The front grille always has me drooling, it screams muscle car "Don't mess with me."

You know what, you are right Greg- our cars really are not too far behind in the overall shape and style. I love the look of our cars with the blacked out grilles and long nose. I would like to think I wouldn't trade my Mustang even for a Cuda, it is too special to me.

Yeah, I agree with everyone. I posted this one not because of the ridiculous price, but because it just fit my bill with the looks.

I think this car looks great in any color you can imagine. The front grille always has me drooling, it screams muscle car "Don't mess with me."

You know what, you are right Greg- our cars really are not too far behind in the overall shape and style. I love the look of our cars with the blacked out grilles and long nose. I would like to think I wouldn't trade my Mustang even for a Cuda, it is too special to me.
Thanks Elizabeth,

I see what you mean. Looks like we're on the same page here.:)

Greg.:)

I guess I'm just weird or something. I've always preferred the Challenger to the Cuda.

I guess I'm just weird or something. I've always preferred the Challenger to the Cuda.
Me too, but I wouldn't kick a Cuda out of a bed I'm sharing with it...

No - I'm not saying I wouldn't have one... just that if there were a Challenger parked next to a Cuda (in any shape), both for sale, the Cuda would be still available after I left.

Challengers are also nice cars, they have almost an identical look to the Cudas. Id be extremely happy with either.

Eric, if that was the case I would be right in line and grabbing that Cuda! hehe

I already told my boyfriend, when we finish college and make the dough I want a four car garage minimum with my Mustang, Cuda, some kind of new model muscle car, and my daily driver truck parked in there lmao. He is not crazy for cars so he doesn't need any spots in the garage.

The Challengers and Cudas are the same platforms, just like the Mustang and Cougars, Camaros and Firebirds, etc.

The differences are subtle - usually bumpers, grilles, headlights, taillights, upholstery, interior trim, paint & decal packages, wheels, etc., but the sheet metal is pretty much the same.

I just happen to like the dual-headlights and overall cleaner look of the Challenger.

This would be my ultimate Challenger:

dodge_challenger_1970_1971_dodge_challenger_-_pictures_-_cargurus.jpeg

Hey folks,

the '71 Cuda Convertible rings my bell big time as well. What has been said above is very true i also feel, but when you stop and think that good old Mopar turned out very limited production numbers to a certain percentage of their models from the late Fifties to the early Seventies, it's no wonder the money boys did what they did, as many limited production numbered cars have price wise been blown out of the water!!

This car is one hell of a drop dead sexy vehicle.

I´ve posted this before but this is the one and only reason my car looks the way it does.

I´ve had a few people freak out with my car because they were excited to see "an original Nash Bridges car!!"

You can´t fool a car enthusiast of course but someone who does not look too close can hardly tell the difference.

Back