Wiring a '73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
I apologize fir posting the same exact question in two different spots. But I'm down to the wire and need this fixed.

I have a '73 Mach-1, 351c 4v. The wiring harness is pretty bad. I'm trying to find a replacement harness but nobody makes one for a Mustang after 1970 (Painless or American Autowire). Looking at the '73 compared to my '68, I don't see a lot of differences. Can I use an earlier mustang harness (67-70) for the '73?

I'll check with him. How was yours to install?

If you can hang in there 'til this weekend, I might have one available.

I pulled my original harness ('71) early on because I was just going to replace it. Then I discovered they don't make 'em aftermarket, so I found the one I speak of through a forum member back in Jan 2011. A few weekends ago, I finally pulled it out of the box, cleaned it up, and discovered that it's for a '73... which has some significant differences from the '71. Fortunately, I was careful in removing the original harness, so as long as it wasn't hacked up too badly by the previous owners, it might still be useable. But if the original harness is too far gone, I might have to just suck it up and make the '73 harness work. Otherwise, I should be able to help you out.

Hope that helps.

I totally understand. Mine was hacked up pretty bad. If yours is available, I am definitely interested.

Latest posts

Back