Would Deluxe two spoke steering wheel have shown up on Marti Report 1971

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kna4977

Reaction score
Looking at a 71 that has the 1A standard black interior. It currently has the deluxe two spoke steering wheel, but there is no mention of it on the Marti Report. Could it have come with it and it not be listed on the report or is it always listed ad if so how would it be listed?

Unlike the optional three-spoke rim blow steering wheel, there was no standalone option for the deluxe two-spoke version. In '71, the two-spoke deluxe wheel was standard only on the Grande'. The Decor Group option included the deluxe two-spoke wheel (Not available on the Grande' or Mach 1). It was also included in the Mach 1 Sports Interior option, available only on sports roof models.
Since the vehicle you are looking at has the 1A standard interior, it would have left the assembly plant with a standard two-spoke steering wheel, as in the illustration below.
The only steering wheel that would have been listed in the "Your vehicle was equipped with the following features" in the Marti Report would be if it were equipped with the $39.00 optional three-spoke rim blow steering wheel.

1695949030756.png

Unlike the optional three-spoke rim blow steering wheel, there was no standalone option for the deluxe two-spoke version. In '71, the two-spoke deluxe wheel was standard only on the Grande'. The Decor Group option included the deluxe two-spoke wheel (Not available on the Grande' or Mach 1). It was also included in the Mach 1 Sports Interior option, available only on sports roof models.
Since the vehicle you are looking at has the 1A standard interior, it would have left the assembly plant with a standard two-spoke steering wheel, as in the illustration below.
The only steering wheel that would have been listed in the "Your vehicle was equipped with the following features" in the Marti Report would be if it were equipped with the $39.00 optional three-spoke rim blow steering wheel.

View attachment 81876

As always great info. I appreciate it.

Just for info, here are two pics of my 4/72 Mach 1's that I bought in 1980. Both have deluxe 2 spoke steering wheels with the sports interior. Both cars had the same interior.
If the car our friend is looking at has a deluxe wheel, then someone has changed it.

Attachments

• 062_062_01.JPG
    062_062_01.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 069_069_01.JPG
    069_069_01.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 0
On this subject, a guy is looking for the wood grain insert for my steering wheel!

Back