wrong dash cluster

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
My new project car seems to be full of surprises. I purchase a dash cluster because my circuit board was in pieces. My old one was with tach, but I could not find harness. The new used one's harness plug is mush smaller then the old on so will not plug in. I'm thicking my car was without tach and was replaced but not original to one with tach. old owner must have ran extra wire to hook up tach directly to coil as would after market tach

Does the tach harness have a small pin connector then the cluster without tach?.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new project car seems to be full of surprises. I purchase a dash cluster because my circuit board was in pieces. My old one was with tach, but I could not find harness. The new used one's harness plug is mush smaller then the old on so will not plug in. I'm thicking my car was without tach and was replaced but not original to one with tach. old owner must have ran extra wire to hook up tach directly to coil as would after market tach

Does the tach harness have a small pin connector then the cluster without tach?.
Hi, I am not sure if you have already solved this or not. Yes, the tach harness has the smaller plug.

I ended up buying a harness to use for parts when I converted to a tach dash. The non tach dash has a bigger plug on the back to accomodate the oil, temp, charge, lights.

Hope this helps.

Back