• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Aluminum 351C Intake Manifold

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffbl

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
2014 Ford F150
2018 Porsche Panamera

[url=https://ibb.co/i2uhXQ][img]https://preview.ibb.co/h0A0K5/815f.jpg[/img][/url]
Gents:

It is my understanding Ford sold an over the counter replacement Aluminum Intake Manifold with a Square Carb Flange....I do not have the part number handy, but I think I am going to re-build my motor relatively soon, and would love to use a Ford manifold of aluminum....I will keep it relatively stock, relatively, but would love to shed the weight of that steel manifold. My car (and engine) is a 1971 M code 351.

Thanks Mucho!

Could be one of these???

http://mustangtek.com/FordIntake.html

D1ZX-9425-CA

71 Boss 351 Mustang

4V

Aluminum

Buddy Bar

with EGR slot

Ports 2.38" x 1.63"

Motorcraft 4300-D flange

D1ZZ-9424-F

D1ZX-9425-CA

71 Boss 351 Mustang

4V

Aluminum

Buddy Bar

no EGR slot

Ports 2.38" x 1.63"

D1ZZ-9424-F

D1ZX-9425-DA

351C Mustang Fairlane Unique competiton part

4V

Aluminum

Buddy Bar

Ports 2.38" x 1.63"

D1ZX-9424-DA

D1ZX-9425-FA

351 Cleveland Ford Aftermarket

4V Aluminum

Holley dominator flange

Buddy Bar logo

D1ZX-9425-FA

Holley square flange

351 Cleveland Ford Aftermarket

4V Aluminum

Holley standard square flange

Buddy Bar logo

This is currently being manufactured as the Blue Thunder manifold. If you want an original Ford part be prepared to spend some $$$$.
Does anyone know a good Blue Thunder Parts dealer? I have not found a place where they sell these parts direct.

Cheers,

Griffbl

I have a D1ZX-9425-CA which I intend to put into my build. We can compare notes about installation/performance.

My cam is basically a BOSS hydraulic cam, give or take a couple of degrees.

A recent post brought to light the "need" to change the torque converter to either a 2200-2400 or 3000 RPM version to take advantage of the 351C 4V muscle.

Good Luck.

I have a D1ZX-9425-CA which I intend to put into my build. We can compare notes about installation/performance.

A recent post brought to light the "need" to change the torque converter to either a 2200-2400 or 3000 RPM version to take advantage of the 351C 4V muscle.

Good Luck.
LOL my 408c is basically a Boss 429 give or take a few cubic inches.

I was lucky enough to score one of the Ford Racing aftermarket manifolds. No need to port it. That would be sacralidge.

Good Luck.
BOSS? So is that like a 3/4 race cam?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to score one of the Ford Racing aftermarket manifolds. No need to port it. That would be sacralidge.

Good Luck.
BOSS? So is that like a 3/4 race cam?
Are you guys making fun of me?

:D:D:D:D:D

Good Luck.
LOL my 408c is basically a Boss 429 give or take a few cubic inches.

Good Luck.
Wolverine-

My builder told me the same thing as to a torque converter.....he recommended 2500-2800 rpm stall.....I am going to try and err on the low side....my builder is both very experienced and enjoys a great reputation.....so I think we should stick to their advice!

Cheers,

Griffbl

Wolverine-

My builder told me the same thing as to a torque converter.....he recommended 2500-2800 rpm stall.....I am going to try and err on the low side....my builder is both very experienced and enjoys a great reputation.....so I think we should stick to their advice!

Griffbl
I agree...curious to see what the torque converter currently in the car is rated at.

The more I get into specs/parts/etc., the more I believe performance is all about balance...and the torque converter is part of the balance.

Back