• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Passenger side Exhaust manifold for 72 Mach 1 - DOAE-9430-B

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz70

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1, White
Here's mine when i removed it today :)

pls pm me to let me know if you have one going, would need to be shipped to London UK. thanks.

baz70, Part number is DOAZ-9430-B. Besides the manifold with the engineering #  DOAE-9430-B there was also a DOAE-G. This right side manifold was used on 70-73 Mustang and Cougar, 70-74 Torino, Mercury Montego/Cyclone and the 74 full size Cougar. So at least there are additional parts sources for this manifold besides the Mustang. If no one here on the Forum has one that is looking for a new home, I would check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ MotorCity Mustang.

Good luck with your search.

London has to have someone that knows how to properly weld cast iron.
if it was a hairline crack i would have got it welded. This is a complete break, i believe caused by a damaged engine mount resulting in vibrations (my guess anyway...)

So I would really like to, if from an aesthetic point of view, just get the part replaced. 

Good to know there are alternate casting options and the model number, I'll keep an eye out on eBay, thanks Steve.

for the avoidance of any doubt, this is how it really looks... if anyone believes that can be seamlessly welded, I'm all ears :)

Last edited by a moderator:
baz70, Part number is DOAZ-9430-B. Besides the manifold with the engineering #  DOAE-9430-B there was also a DOAE-G. This right side manifold was used on 70-73 Mustang and Cougar, 70-74 Torino, Mercury Montego/Cyclone and the 74 full size Cougar. So at least there are additional parts sources for this manifold besides the Mustang. If no one here on the Forum has one that is looking for a new home, I would check with Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ MotorCity Mustang.

Let me check to see if I have a good one for you.

Let me check to see if I have a good one for you.
I have a passenger side 351-2v for a 72/73 Mustang but not the 70/71 part number.

View attachment 41355

View attachment 41356

Back