Hello!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible. my first car, Im in the process of "refreshing" it.
Hi everybody, I am very excited to find such a cool site! I've lurked on other mustang forums, but they didn't have much focus on the 71-73, so I never joined. I am on forums with my other vehicles and its amazing how much they get you excited about your car!

I am 16 and have loved cars since I was about 2 years old. I saved up all my money in hopes to one day buy a classic car. When I was about 10 I started buying and selling things on ebay and thats how I got enough money to buy the Mustang on my own. It is a 71 convertible with a 302. It was red from the factory with about half original paint. It has a black top and black interior. Last summer I got my dream highschool job at a classic car restoration shop called Precision Classics. I worked full time over the summer and now they are letting me use the shop to repaint my car. This means I can get it done for just the price of supplies and I will lean a ton along the way.

Here are some pictures when I bought it.

68704_110650248997185_100001566317293_80795_5581480_n.jpg

72148_110650195663857_100001566317293_80791_7856998_n.jpg

Hi Chris - welcome to the site from snowy central Ohio. Nice looking Mustang! Are you going to keep the car the original red?

Hi Chris - welcome to the site from snowy central Ohio. Nice looking Mustang! Are you going to keep the car the original red?
Thanks! Im gonna go with more of a restomod/custom type thing. I will paint it Beryllium orange like they had on Saleens.

117760_Front_3-4_Web_zps4368ad14.jpg

A photoshop I did on a 71. (not my car)

mustangberriliumorange_zps0bd1eb66.jpg

I photoshopped Obsidian71's rendering of his super awesome tail lights.

taillights-revised_zps193436b8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Arkansas. Great looking car. Just in case you don't know, you have 1 of only 6121 mustang verts built in 71. not many of those left so do what you want but be aware it is a rare car.

Thanks everybody! Yes I am aware that it's a rare car, and I respect that, but this is my first car and I plan on keeping it for a loooong time. I am building it as my dream car, and my dream car isn't stock... Haha.

Thanks everybody! Yes I am aware that it's a rare car, and I respect that, but this is my first car and I plan on keeping it for a loooong time. I am building it as my dream car, and my dream car isn't stock... Haha.
When I was 15 I bought my first, 63 short wide C10, 235 6cyl, 3 on the tree for 300 and it ran great. first thing it got was V8 power, auto trans, tilt and tele column, and cold air. Dad said "boy, you are ruining a perfect truck". Now I look back and he was right, but I still own that truck and i don't regret one thing I did to it.

Pretty good photos. Keep us posted on the paint.

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. Very cool vert you have and that orange is going to look killer.

Welcome to the site. One thing about this community is that we support our members with whatever they want to do, lots of guys here like concours restos but a lot of us like restomods too. I painted mine 2012 Kona Blue Metallic, originally the plan was to black out all the chrome but now I'm having second thoughts about that, since the paint is so dark. I like your vision, do what makes you happy.

::welcome:: from East Tn. My car is concourse right down to the last tail pipe hanger so............................. Yeah right never mind that last statement enjoy you car and build it how you want it.

::welcome:: From San Diego. I like your vision of the car i say go for it. A stock convertible would be a little boring for a young guy. If it was a 429 convertible that would be another story. Have fun and keep the pics of your progress coming.

Mike

A photoshop I did on a 71. (not my car)

mustangberriliumorange_zps0bd1eb66.jpg
Hi and ::welcome:: to the site from Luxembourg / Europe.

Thanks for photoshopping my car. :D I like that a lot. I hereby give you permission to perform that paint job on my car. Tell me when you can get over here. :)

On a more serious note. I might steal that stripe idea from you. Consider it royalties for using the pic. :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back