1979 Ford F 150 Ranger Lariat SWB Pickup

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe
All,

I was talking with my Bride about getting a pickup, mostly for utility purposes and I did a search on Auto Trader Classic to see whats out there. I came across this F150 for sale and it just happens to be for sale at the same dealership I bought my Mustang from. I realisitically won't have the funds for this any time soon, but this one looked good to me.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1979-Ford-F150-716756.xhtml?conversationId=306732

Check it out and let me know what you all think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking truck. I think you can do much better on craigslist price wise. My son just bought a nice '88 F250 4x4 in primer for less than 2k. The late 70s models will be more expensive but good deals are out there. I personally wouldn't pay more than 5k for any old truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have a 73-79 F150

I have a 79 f100 SWB and love it, my wife and daughter love driving it to cruise ins when me and the boys take the Mach 1. I just finished a crown vic front end swap this winter, can't wait to drive it. While I tend to agree with the others on the price it all depends on the quality of the work that has been done if you consider a good paint job with no real body work will cost $3 k, chrome bumpers and trim $1 k, interior $1k, wheels and tires $1-1.5 k, suspension and brake and steering $1 k, engine and trans work $2-5k, you could easily spend a lot more plus the cost of the truck plus your labor. I never include my labor because I like it and that is why I mess with these old Fords but just something to keep in mine while looking. Also when I bought mine I told my wife the same thing, just for hauling stuff around the house now it sets 6" lower has a crown vic front end and has a worked over 351 in it, I think she new better from the beginning after 25 years.

Up here in the northeast I believe we pay a little more for used vehicles,manly because they rust out in 6 yrs if you drive them yr round.If thats a rust free southern truck with attention to detail it would definately sell for that price around here.That's one of my favorite generation trucks.If you see one of those in Maine it's a summer toy . :D

Back