The United States Air Force

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
Well, it is with great pleasure and a decent bit of pride that I am able to inform all of you that as of Tuesday at 2:15PM I have sworn in to the United States Air Force!

I began the Officer Application process way back in February of 2012, completed my application in February of 2013, and received my official selection to attend Basic Officer Training on May 22, 2013.

On Tuesday I took my oath swearing in to the Delayed Entry Program, now pending my security clearance packet clearing, I'm just waiting on HQ to assign me a class date to go to training!

Very excited to see where this next stage in life takes me, and hopefully I can bring the Mustangs along for the ride!

Congratulations!!

Let me know if you'll be going through the Intel Officer's Course (14N) - which means you'd be coming to Goodfellow.

Good luck in your new career!

Very cool Michael! Congratulations on having been selected! I think you have a great career planned out. Best of luck and thank you for serving.

Wow... my congrats. You must be a young'n. Seems like most of us are at the end of our careers. My advise is to train hard, learn your craft as best you can, take care of the folks you'll eventually be responsible for and HAVE FUN. It goes by so fast!

The 5 most dangerous things in the Air Force:

- 1st Lieutenant saying: "Based on my experience..." (

- Airman Basic saying: "I learned this in Basic Training..."

- Captain saying: "You know, I was just thinking..."

- SSgt saying: "Trust me..."

- CMSgt pointing and saying: "Watch this sh!t..."

Well, it is with great pleasure and a decent bit of pride that I am able to inform all of you that as of Tuesday at 2:15PM I have sworn in to the United States Air Force!

I began the Officer Application process way back in February of 2012, completed my application in February of 2013, and received my official selection to attend Basic Officer Training on May 22, 2013.

On Tuesday I took my oath swearing in to the Delayed Entry Program, now pending my security clearance packet clearing, I'm just waiting on HQ to assign me a class date to go to training!

Very excited to see where this next stage in life takes me, and hopefully I can bring the Mustangs along for the ride!
9 year USAF here, and my 73 mach 1 drove me to high school and followed me to Hill AFB, sat while i was in Korea, and now sits beautifully with me here at Sacramento. its now my bracket car and street hot rodder. the problem will happen if you go overseas.

Congratulations!!

Let me know if you'll be going through the Intel Officer's Course (14N) - which means you'd be coming to Goodfellow.

He may have to kill you then? rofl

In all seriousness, thank you for taking up the noble career.

Best wishes on the path ahead of you and if you need me to watch any of the cars for you I can bring my trailer. You will have to write a note that I can drive them for insurance purposes. rofl

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!

Best wishes on the path ahead of you and if you need me to watch any of the cars for you I can bring my trailer. You will have to write a note that I can drive them for insurance purposes. rofl

X2

Congratulations!!

X2

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Air Force brat and Army mom, Congrats!! May your career be long, healthy and happy. Your Country is proud of you. If your Stang gets lonely. We have another Mustang garage open. Our youngest just took one of his Stang up to Fort Stewart after being Deployed for a year. Good luck. We thank you for your service. :cool:

The 5 most dangerous things in the Air Force:

- 1st Lieutenant saying: "Based on my experience..." (<--- HINT!!!)
Copy that!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. It's my honor to serve and I'm happy and proud to do it.

I'm stuck in the waiting game at the moment, looks like I wont be leaving until October time frame, so new goal is to get the 73 into road worthy condition before then!

Congratulations.. I actually just retired from the Air Force 5 months ago. I was Security Forces (originally Security Police) for 20 years. No matter whee you get stationed, enjoy it. I know people that loved the "northern tier" and I saw people hate Hawaii. It's all what you make of it.

As for your job, know what you want to do before you go to basic. A lot of people go in under "open general" and get stuck doing something they don't like.

Before you leave for basic, it would be smart to know your "reporting statement" and all the ranks (E-1 through E9 and O-1 through O-9). Just a suggestion. If you can learn that and you know what "hospital corners" are, you're money ahead..

Casper,

I have my job specialty already, as an officer you are assigned it before you even leave. I'm a 62E Developmental Engineer, which is what I wanted (BS in Mechanical Engineering, CalPoly Pomona, Class of 2011).

Again thanks for all the support, it was a big decision to make and I'm happy to have chosen the path I did.

Back