Does anyone else ride?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrousVa

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Any of y'all ride? This is my pride and joy (next to the Mustang), I've loved this bike since it came out in 1993.

DSC08771.JPG

Kill Boy front.jpg

I had a motorcycle for about a year before I almost died... then I sold it and have never realy wanted another.

Long story short... I came within a few inches of the rear wheels on a semi rig going freeway speeds, and had one of those spontaneous-bowl-movement moments...

I've been riding since 1983, though there were years I didn't ride. I currently have 3 bikes, a 1996 Suzuki Bandit 600 that I bought to get running and sell, my 99 Harley Sportster 1200 that I ride when I can and my 1998 Buell White Lightning S1W that I rode hard and put away wet for the last few years. It needs some maintenance and tires, but With the engine and all the other projects it is patiently waiting for some attention.

Keep the rubber side down

P1060684.JPGI went for several years without a street bike, I sold my Midnight Virago when I left Germany in 92..."I'll get a new one next year"...

Until Feb of 2011 when I FINALLY bought a Suzuki intruder. I was very, very impressed with these when they came out in 89? I had wanted one for a long, long time. I got this one while I was in Djibouti, Africa from a guy that was in Boise Idaho...

I"ve had many Japanese bikes and most recently 3 Harleys of which the latest was traded for my Mach 1 last year .:( miss the dyna , but I really love the mustang ! :D Figured I can find another Harley someday easier than a 40 year old mustang. :)

I've had almost 40 bikes through my fingers since the late 70's. About half were dirt bikes. Was heavy into the early sportbike craze starting with a year old, slightly rashed '84 Ninja 900. It was the bomb when nobody else locally had one. Ended up owning 3 of them, one was stock with NOS.

Had a VFR similar to Nitrous', but mine was an '87 700F2.

I have hit 2 deer while on the street (only 1 crashed me), one near miss, and one near miss on a dirt bike(!).

Have had about 1K miles of track time @ Nelson Ledges, OH (wadded up a fast '91 FZR600 there) and one track day @ Mid Ohio. Now that was fun. Mid Ohio taught me how much I DID NOT know about riding fast. Elevation change makes a big difference.

Wifey likes to ride shotgun, has no desire to pilot one herself. We swore off street bikes 18 years ago when my daughter was born (bye bye Sportster), and have been looking (although not very hard) lately for a sport tourer, such as a vintage ZX11E. All of my helmets have disintegrated their interiors, and as for my leather stuff... well, lets say it has shrunk... a LOT :)

Was the best times of my life, looking forward to more. Lots of highs and lows, lots of 'em...

Sometime in the early '90's here. This was ZX900 #2, the one that got NOS's and eventually t-boned the deer with (the Deer Spear). Aaah, the smell of Dunlops in the morning...:

ninjaburnoutEdit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2010 Star (Yamaha) Raider, nice 1900cc lump moves it around with some authority. Great bike overall. Big, comfortable and fast.

When the 2013 Raider's debuted, there was a new candy red with black trim color combo that perfectly matched my truck, so...

2 Raiders in the garage now.

2010 Raider pix 006.jpg

2012 F-150 FX2 090.jpg

I do a bit of riding myself. Here's my two favorites !

I have been riding for over 40 years and still love to ride. I currently have a couple of BMWs, an R1100 rt with Hannigan sidecar and a K1100LT solo. I also have an old 400 Honda that i use for local errands. The wife and I are going on a cross country trip to California next week and plan to attend the Griffith Park sidecar rally. In October I am planning on riding with my buddies to Birmingham, AL to the Barber Vintage Festival by way of the Dragon in TN.

img_0005.jpg

Capture.PNG

:)

Well I have ridden off and on for about 40 years. Started on dirt bikes as a kid. then used to use a Honda xl600 to ride around and use for commute in the 80s. More recently owned a 2003 100th anniversary sportster with harley hard bags, forward controls and matching harley helmet all gunmetal. Full leathers and scala rider in helmet communication Roshelle rode a yamaha 1300 debadged hardchrome pipes. Both those went away in the interest of our Mach1 Resto Mod project.

Now we have 2 Yamaha grizzlies 350 4wd atv utes. we're not thrashers but ride in NF and we rock hound some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back