Insane prices on 7172 for sale!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
Can you imagine these prices today!

hemmings2.jpghemmings1.jpg

Oopps thought I put that in there. Feb 1997.

When Hemmings all looked the same - yellow and black covers - I would put a few really old ones out on the coffee table for my car nut friends to look through.

It was a hoot to see them light up and want to use my phone.

We tossed them out during a move - I wish I still had them.

I remember one had a 427 Shelby Cobra for 19K and a split window corvette

for 9K OBO.

Anyone have a time machine?

- Paul

I have some local "pennysavers" from late 70s. If I can dig them out I'll post some car ads. "Used" Hemi's and Shelbys going for $900. or there about.

Interesting to note, ALL cars went up exponentially in value$$$, EXCEPT...the 71-73 Mach 1s. Still the car equivalent of the proverbial..."Red Headed Step Child"...NOT a car for the investment minded collector....Mark

Ya..My freind has a old auto trader he kept from the 90's cause it had some 69 mach 1 big block car for sale in there he wanted..i said good luck getting them for that price now days,.He looked at me like huh? I said a big block 69 mach 1 or 70 is going to cost you 50,000 and up too 100,000...He was like..no way!!...I said you mite get a rotten one for 10,000..lol..Time to get them cars past long ago for cheap.

I dont think our cars will be the red headed step childs forever..And i dont think they are that bad of a investment right now...Heck they still cheap!!...You need to get on such cars while the bottom is out on them...These cars will raise in price as other collector mustangs disapear from the market...I can allready tell a big diffrence from say 5 years ago...Responce from our years getting better and better...Heck i cannot leave my car cover off for one day with out some one knocking at my door asking me if i want to sell...lol...Down side of them being popular...They will get over priced and hard for anyone to enjoy them as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope after next year 7173 mustangs start going up in value like the camaro,cuda,chargers, i know alot of us won;t sell ours but just for respect wise i like to see that happen and maybe our car values go up after the mustang 50th anniversary.i can wish right lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back