72 Air Cleaner housing part ID

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Most of my part number is visible accept the last two characters. The references I have found in my books reference a D4 number. I suspect service part numbers. Does anyone have a reference that would identify the last 2 characters of this part number so I can go get a stamp made and get this air cleaner finished? The last two characters may be C and possibly A. If someone has a listing of this part and can confirm what they are I would really appreciate it.

air cleaner part number.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on your build sheet if you have found it.

Looking at your picture it has to be CA. All the right letter portions are there. They had three different ones for 72. Two for the 2 bbl units. One for the 4bbl units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Build Sheet Row D 7-10 indicate 2ABC. I cannot vouch fro the car from 72-84, but I know that is the same air cleaner that was on the car when I bought it. By the condition I would assume it was with the car its whole life. I did some additional research and located a CA air cleaner part number so I am having the stamp made with that. Thank you for the suggestion, I will need to research the build sheet reference of BC and see if I need to change plans.

Back