Barn find..Judge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I wonder how the floorboards look with all that moisture being held up against them. In another 20 years there may not be much left to restore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a horrible way to treat a car like that...and he is still hoarding it
Agree..Some people just don't care...I know a local guy here that drives me crazy...He has a steve mcqueen green 1968 gt 390 ..4 speed..sitting at a trailer house...When we stopped in to check it out...he would not sell it for anything..and was planing to cutt in 69 scoops into it..and he already cutt out the original clutch pedal..installed a auto...I asked...something wrong with the stick? He said nothing....he was grinding on the front end and removing all sorts of original stuff from this fantastic car..Zero rust..and looked to be original paint still..He was cutting the shock towers out of it..even know the 390 fit fine...He talked about making the hole front clip come off so he could get to the cam easier lol..i asked..you going to race it? he said..nope..he was tring to make a race 1969 clone out of it with some crazy ideas of making it some kinda race car..but not race it..lol...and no amount of money would stop him from ruining the car...It was his car to do that too...But still i dont know why some people dont get a junk shell..dont do that too all original classic...lol

And i wonder if its all rusted out too..Counts how dry that shit is..and how long its been around it...im sure its not pretty!!

Luv them Judges. Hope someone can save it.

I hate those hoarder types I used to drive past a HQ GTS 350 everyday on the way to work. These are fairly rare Aussie Muscle cars.

It was metallic lilac pink 350 auto with 4.88 diff gears this same guy brought it new in that configuration used to drive it 100 mile to drag race it and it blew on the 8th trip and had been sitting there since 1973. he just wouldn't sell it. He was a mopar guy too had a shed full of rare mopar go fast parts and no car to put them on but wouldn't sell any of that either. He would talk racing and cars with anyone all day long but it would of been easier to take his arm than a single nut or bolt from the clown. he was getting on so he probably died and its all gone to the dump now :mad:

I hate those hoarder types I used to drive past a HQ GTS 350 everyday on the way to work. These are fairly rare Aussie Muscle cars.

It was metallic lilac pink 350 auto with 4.88 diff gears this same guy brought it new in that configuration used to drive it 100 mile to drag race it and it blew on the 8th trip and had been sitting there since 1973. he just wouldn't sell it. He was a mopar guy too had a shed full of rare mopar go fast parts and no car to put them on but wouldn't sell any of that either. He would talk racing and cars with anyone all day long but it would of been easier to take his arm than a single nut or bolt from the clown. he was getting on so he probably died and its all gone to the dump now :mad:
Yup...I know a few just like that around here...one lady "im going to swing by and take a picture of this mach 1" Just to make everyone go..that would be nice to fix up!! ever sence i was 6 years old..my dad pointed out this 1969 mach 1 with the cobrajet scoop sitting next to this house with garbage piled up on top of the hood...still in great shape...my dad says that car has not really moved sence he was in vietnam..In my 30's i finaly went up and knocked on the door to ask about the car...Some old lady come out..told me she would not take anything for the car...i said im sorry..was this car importaint to some one you knew? She said nope..it was my sons car..he still alive and a big time banker and does not need it anymore..i took it away from him when he was a kiddy...she told me she was offered 50,000 for it...i said.wow..well i would of took that...have a great day miss...lol "it was not that nice" From what i hear, she has told atleast 10 diffrent stories on that car..She seems to think its worth millions...it's worth alot "im not sure if its a 351 or a big block car" but its worth a good penny..But not what she thinks..My dad said yup..That is the reason i never asked..A car sitting where everyone can see it like that...will never be for sale..lol..Not untill the person holding on to it passes on..then there is a line of people waiting to grab at it..So dont waste your time..hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same way but if they own it - it is (unfortunately) theirs to do with as they wish. No different than someone buying a prestine Mustang Boss 429 and deciding to paint it pink with purple flames... Owners can do whatever they want to their stuff - even though it might not be the best for THAT particular car. Other than offering them insane money to try and 'save' the car(s) not much you can do except hope they will do something with the cars before it is too late.

I have walked many a mile through old salvage and storage yards. Too many sad stories to tell.

Ray

I'm Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TIRED of these various articles, where the author makes OUTRAGEOUS statements about the "rarity" of cars, as in......"What would you do if you opened a rickety-old barn door, and there, untouched by human hands for decades, was a documented 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge—one of the most collectible coupes in muscle-car history"

REALLY????!!!....It won't even make a TOP 100 list...Mark

Yup...I know a few just like that around here...one lady "im going to swing by and take a picture of this mach 1" Just to make everyone go..that would be nice to fix up!! ever sence i was 6 years old..my dad pointed out this 1969 mach 1 with the cobrajet scoop sitting next to this house with garbage piled up on top of the hood...still in great shape...my dad says that car has not really moved sence he was in vietnam..In my 30's i finaly went up and knocked on the door to ask about the car...Some old lady come out..told me she would not take anything for the car...i said im sorry..was this car importaint to some one you knew? She said nope..it was my sons car..he still alive and a big time banker and does not need it anymore..i took it away from him when he was a kiddy...she told me she was offered 50,000 for it...i said.wow..well i would of took that...have a great day miss...lol "it was not that nice" From what i hear, she has told atleast 10 diffrent stories on that car..She seems to think its worth millions...it's worth alot "im not sure if its a 351 or a big block car" but its worth a good penny..But not what she thinks..My dad said yup..That is the reason i never asked..A car sitting where everyone can see it like that...will never be for sale..lol..Not untill the person holding on to it passes on..then there is a line of people waiting to grab at it..So dont waste your time..hehe
Hyena429 hit the nail on the head...A car sitting where everyone can see it like that...will never be for sale..Twice a year I would ride with a friend from Sumter SC to Charlotte NC for a car show. Our trip would take us through Camden SC where in plain view from a very heavily traveled road sat a 68 RT Charger 440! It was under a car port, so no rust, or missing parts. Just a lot of dust. My offered to trade a 70 Super Bee 383 and what ever $$ the owner wanted. No sale. In fact he seemed annoyed that everyone "Keeps on asking about this car"! But it still sits in the same place attracting the same attention "these" type of cars attract. So I guess when he passes on, if there is any thing left of this car,it will be junked or given to some one in his family who could care less about it.

Back