FINALLY!!!...........the coupe is back....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang
a long story short.....

had a guy take my car to finish the body work and paint in July '12. 11 months later, I get a call from him and he said that he is closing up shop and for me to pick my car up. wowza. I won't name names or shop names to protect the innocent. Not my style. I get to his shop and he already called a tow truck to haul my car away. He hands me back half of what I paid him and an unfinished car. The only thing he did, was "some" body work, the 2 qrter panels, and battery tray. Car sat for such a long time I had to get carb rebuilt. Well, I load up my car on trailer and take it to the place that rebuilt the carb. They said they need the carb on car to tune. Well, here is where it really all begins. The guy working on the carb ask me, "who is going to finish your car?" oh boy...have I heard this before. I told him my story how I got screwed for 11 month project. You would've thought I was getting a complete restore from top to bottom. No. I just wanted a paint job. He ask if he could call his friend to come check out car and just to meet him. I said ok sure. I know..I know..sucker..right? well, up comes an older gentleman...in his 60's. He checks out my car and says I can work on this car and get you what you want. I told him, it's not a show car, so I can't afford $10k, $5k or $4k....he said he can do it for $3k. I told him about my recent "how I got screwed" he said, don't worry I will make it right for you. And.........He made it right! and more! and for less than $3k!! Nice!

Can't believe the paint job on this car. Unbelievable! Mirror finish. I just love it. I couldn't be more happier.

Those are the gentleman that worked on my car...see pic. Old school guys that love doing paint n body! btw...no paint booth used here! Just a good ol garage...

71b4nafter.jpg

theguys.jpg

done.jpg

closeup.jpg

I love the Sonic Blue/Dark Impact Blue.... My 04 Vert is S/B and get compliments all the time. Ford now calls it Dark Impact Blue. It is just beautiful and I'm glad great things came to you!

Looks awesome! Wish I could get a paint job for that price out here in California, makes me want to move back home to Arlington, TX to get my car done! I am happy to see a coupe in blue, it is one of my considerations for color. Congrats!

Back