trip with kids to Texas...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

Being from Houston, most of my family still lives somewhere in Texas, each in diferent locales.

From Florida we drove to Houston first, went to visit my parents at the cemetary.

Decided wherever we stopped for food or drink had to be someplace I remember from my days as a kid in Texas and somewhete my kids have never been.

They liked Shipley's donughts.

I love James Coney Island chili dogs...they didn't care for them much.

We all love In-n-out burgers ( who wouldn't?). This is another of my favorites from my days in California...I was delighted to see they have moved east to Texas.

The big crunchy onions on a double "Whataburger" with cheese is one of my faves...they were kind if blah about them.

And of course the age-old, deep-fried crunchy tacos from Jack in the Box. Surprisingly they all loved 'em. My daughter asked me what the meat in tacos was, I said "probably dog food."

She says "that's the best dog food I ever ate!"

Also went to Richardson, Plano, Arlington, San Antonio and Austin.

Oh yeah, we did a bunch of other non-food related stuff too, but who cares about that?

Last edited:
Being from Houston, most of my family still lives somewhere in Texas, each in diferent locales.

From Florida we drove to Houston first, went to visit my parents at the cemetary.

Decided wherever we stopped for food or drink had to be someplace I remember from my days as a kid in Texas and somewhete my kids have never been.

They liked Shipley's donughts.

I love James Coney Island chili dogs...they didn't care for them much.

We all love In-n-out burgers ( who wouldn't?). This is another of my favorites from my days in California...I was delighted to see they have moved east to Texas.

The big crunchy onions on a double "Whataburger" with cheese is one of my faves...they were kind if blah about them.

And of course the age-old, deep-fried crunchy tacos from Jack in the Box. Surprisingly they all loved 'em. My daughter asked me what the meat in tacos was, I said "probably dog food."

She says "that's the best dog food I ever ate!"

Also went to Richardson, Plano, Arlington, San Antonio and Austin.

Oh yeah, we did a bunch of other non-food related stuff too, but who cares about that?
What! You were in Houston and did not call me? I have been very busy lately but would have done my best for a "meet and greet" photo. I am betting you guys did not make the trip in ole boots. Hope you had a nice time in Houston.

Mike

I wanted to, Mike but the rest of my brood weren,t up for it. We were only in Houton for a couple hours anyway.

Just confirms my age-old observation that, "nobody comes to San Angelo unless they WANT to come to San Angelo." rofl

Seriously - 80-ish miles away from and smack in the middle of the split between I-10 and I-20. You really gotta want to come here to come here. ;) :D

Glad you had a good trip!! ::thumb::

Back