Seat back removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Anybody know what size Torx bit I need to remove the seat back fasteners? I know it is larger than T30 because that is the largest I have. TIA.

Code:
I have a t40 and a t45 in my tool box and I am pretty sure it is one of them,  I will go out and check back in shortly.  Mine is sitting on the garage floor so it should be easy if I can find the tool.
Update one minute later. It is 100% a t45 on my car. Just tried it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
I have a t40 and a t45 in my tool box and I am pretty sure it is one of them,  I will go out and check back in shortly.  Mine is sitting on the garage floor so it should be easy if I can find the tool.

Thanks! I just needed a range so I can by the right set at Harbor Freight!

I bought a set at Home Depot in tools they had a complete set.

This was like 10-12 years ago though

Code:

Thanks! I just needed a range so I can by the right set at Harbor Freight!

Don't buy cheap tools because you will spin the teeth right off of them. I had to buy the 40 and 45 for my Harley Rotors. Wonder why they did not use the same bolts on both.

Back