Fuel tank filler neck donut seal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Can the seal be changed with the tank installed? I am talking about the one that goes over the filler neck into the tank.

Oh yea. Unscrew the cover, slide it up. Pull the neck up a few inches, get a screwdriver under one side of the tank seal; collapse it to the middle and pull it out. The new one goes in as easy. I use silicone grease to slide in the neck.

Oh yea. Unscrew the cover, slide it up. Pull the neck up a few inches, get a screwdriver under one side of the tank seal; collapse it to the middle and pull it out. The new one goes in as easy. I use silicone grease to slide in the neck.
Thanks.

Make sure you do the work in WELL VENTILATED space. Directing a fan at the trunk will help. You would be surprised how fast those gas fumes can get to you.

Make sure you do the work in WELL VENTILATED space. Directing a fan at the trunk will help. You would be surprised how fast those gas fumes can get to you.
Thanks again.............

Back