Well up to now I've done everything my self regarding my engine. Now when it's time to fire up I got my son involved. He's a tech but not sure with Fords. Tring to fire the engine he hot wired the tach and burned the dist module, so lost spark. I have a Mallory Unilite Dist. My Questio...Is it worth use replacing the module at $90 or up grade to eliminate the resistor block with a more current unit.

Alan L

Also could'nt get any fuel up from the tank with a new fuel pump. and my put the old one back on which did work.

Alan L

1_30_09_13_10_12_32.png

Alan L

Hey Alan what type are you looking for? the #MAL-6100M or #MAL-605. The 605 is more expensive than the 6100M. I had to replace mine and got it for $40 plus $12 shipping. Give Bob at Race-Mart a call Phone: Toll Free (888) 286-9797

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

Well up to now I've done everything my self regarding my engine. Now when it's time to fire up I got my son involved. He's a tech but not sure with Fords. Tring to fire the engine he hot wired the tach and burned the dist module, so lost spark. I have a Mallory Unilite Dist. My Questio...Is it worth use replacing the module at $90 or up grade to eliminate the resistor block with a more current unit.

Alan L

Also could'nt get any fuel up from the tank with a new fuel pump. and my put the old one back on which did work.

Alan L

Sorry for your pain!!! Our kids do not know the old engines like we have!! I have a MSD system in mine so I can not help you. Good luck!!!

Dang, Alan. I cringe every time I read of your troubles. Wish I could give some advice.... Hang in there, buddy!

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Alan in my opinion you can't beat the Duraspark distributor. I'm running one with an old Motorsports MSD box

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]