Cleveland Intake Gasket/Galley Pan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptrmzr

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351C 4V 4sp 3.50L
HI,

I've been freshening my car for the upcoming Carlisle... I removed the intake (351C4V) to clean it up and I believe it was the first time it was ever removed - (the same with the valve covers).

I picked up an NOS Ford gasket/galley pan and it has the light colored gasket material attached to the underside of the metal pan that would contact the port side of the heads.

The mystery: the gasket I took off was metal only - with the grooving around the ports and the water passageways.

Was this the way it was done in the factory?

On the replacement gasket, why is there only a gasket between the pan and the head? Do I need the gasket material?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

Metal only for original, paper gasket added to make sure for better sealing. Its up to you to decide

Thanks for your reply Red351! Would you advise applying a film of red high temp RTV for good measure?

Gas and silicone don't mix, they just don't get along together. There's a green paste just for that and I can't remember the name or even spell it if I did. Summit and Jegs or Edlebrock has it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back