Hello I have a 351c that had and FMX behind it.

The shop installed a C6, but put a manual block plate in.

Anyone have a block plate for a 351c and a C6 before I go eBay?

PS. If you have the inspection plate, too that would be great.

Thanks,

RCA

What's a block plate? I thought you were talking about the inspection plate but then you mention that too.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

It sounds like he's wanting the thick sheet metal 'plate' that fits between the engine and transmission that provides the 'seal hole' for the starter motor and has a notch for the inspection plate to slip into.

I think I still have my FMX plate, since I used the one that came with the AOD instead. I'll probably just hang it on the wall. ;)

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Yes I am talking the plate between the engine and the trans. The one the starter bolts through. They tightened the torque convert bolts through the starter hole. I guess after all that figured out the starter would not work.

This was installed many years ago. Every time I crawl under the car I find stuff that is messed up.

Bought a new house so one more try to get it moving under its own power to the new house.

New house will have less garage space so getting it started at the storage would be preferred.

Also need a yoke for the C6, now that I am reliving my shop frustrations.