Black hood and stripe paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT-69

Reaction score
My Car
All 65 to 73
Anyone use Sherwin Williams Mercedes Black Ultra, U-12739? If so where to get it???? My local paint shops are clueless never herd of it.

Yep had to call Sherwin Williams Automotive paint TECH they then passed the information onto my local Sherwin Williams auto paint store. Called Mercedes Black Ultra U12739 Got it ordered.....$$$$95 per quart and the hardener like $195 per quart, reducer much better at $22 per quart not cheap but only two coats required and a single stage. Mix ratio isw 4:1:1. Use the 60 reducer to get the matte look.

All the local Sherwin Auto paint shops were totally clueless kind told me I was fricked up...So I had the TECH guy straighten their smart hiney out.

I used SEM Hotrod Black. Color shade is perfect IMO. It comes as a kit and there is also a matte clear coat for it as well, Did all the blackouts with the 1 kit. For my side stripes, I chose Graphics Express (Florida) and was very happy with them, both for quality and service. See my picture to the side

Back