I can't find any mention of a donut spare in a 17" that fits my mustang. I know a crown Vic has a 16" that fits. I really hate to put a 16" spare in the car if not necessary. Also, will it even fit in the truck on a FB without a fold down rear seat?

Thanks?

"If you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right". Henry Ford

Billpetsch,

Found this website with vehicles that uses the 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern.

http://www.wheelsupport.com/bolt-pattern-list-5-x-114-3/

and

The 71 -73 has the 5x114.3 center bolt pattern. Here is one on E-Bay that I will need to get one day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SVT-SVO-Lincoln-155-70-17-inch-Spare-Tire-Aluminum-WHEEL-/132050542234?hash=item1ebed35e9a:g:168AAOSwOVpXf9r0&vxp=mtr

mustang7173

I can't find any mention of a donut spare in a 17" that fits my mustang. I know a crown Vic has a 16" that fits. I really hate to put a 16" spare in the car if not necessary. Also, will it even fit in the truck on a FB without a fold down rear seat?

Thanks?

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Thanks?

Many new cars now don't have spares at all, just an air pump and a can of flat-fix.

Or Maybe get one of those temporary spares they put in later model Ford cars. My Mach has the fold-down seat and has a 46 year old never-used blow-up spare. It has even less room in the trunk than the non-fold-down cars. I never tried but it doesn't look like a full size tire will fit thru the trunk opening. Certainly not the wide 255-50-16 tires I have now. My solution: a can of flat-fix and AAA towing.

1971 Mach1

351C-4v

C6 is history-->>now TKO-500

Funny, I never considered fix a flat. I was really dreading filling the entire trunk with a tire. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"If you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right". Henry Ford

The po on my car actually got a spare from a mid 80's lincoln that supposedly fits. He said he learned it from some guy that worked for Ford. If interested I can get the size off of it this weekend.

My father uses a "donut" spare from a 2002 ish Grand Marquis. I use a can of fix a flat.

Any 80s and on town cars, grand marquis or crown vic rims will fit the 7173