Craiglist - 71 Mach 1 C code project car for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was listed before. A buddy of mine in Seattle had a friend that was going to go look at it. I'll check with him and see if he actually drove over, and if so, his thoughts.

Steve

I heard back from my friends friend. He showed up with a trailer (600 mile trip each way) and couldn't get the guy to budge on price. He says it's been for sale off and on for 5 years. The quarters and inner structure need replaced due to poor welding and damage repair and it didn't run at the time he looked at it. He went home empty because he didn't think it was worth what was being asked, and you'd be in well over your head in short order.

As prices go up, it may become a deal in the future, but sounds like it's not there yet.

Steve

you know it makes you wonder what happened to a car like this. C code, car, probably wrecked. Why would someone let a car that at one time was super nice get to be in such bad shape. I guess I will never understand people. I take care of my vehicles, always have. To let something like this sit outside in a field and rot for years with the windows down is just unforgivable.

you know it makes you wonder what happened to a car like this. C code, car, probably wrecked. Why would someone let a car that at one time was super nice get to be in such bad shape. I guess I will never understand people. I take care of my vehicles, always have. To let something like this sit outside in a field and rot for years with the windows down is just unforgivable.
I might be able to provide some general insight, although I don't know the particulars in this case. I come from a farming family. In the past, when a piece of equipment wore out, you just parked it next to the barn or somewhere out of the way, and got a new one. There was no market for it, no recycling yards, you just set it aside and moved on. At best, you'd use it for parts for other things. It didn't matter if it was a tractor, farm truck, wagon, plow or car. Things were different 30-50 years ago, and have always been different in rural areas. If you're working sunup to sundown and the nearest "junk yard" is 30 miles away, you just don't have the time or energy to haul it off.

Steve

Back