Daniel Carpenter Tail Light Rubber Gaskets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carpenter totally redesigned the part. Nothing like original. I have originals in Ford pack and I also ordered the Carpenter ones. He made the new one with more of a sealing surface and did not use the soft foam like originals. I think a better material to not let the water soak in.

When you paint your car make sure they put a good coat on the inside where the gasket seals.

I plan on selling the NOS Ford ones to some sucker that has to be original even if it is not better.

Carpenter also makes the door seals or he did for my vert and they fit perfect no issue with begin too long. You cannot order direct from Carpenter unless a dealer. You can buy seconds from Carpenter on his eBay store. Tail lights are a great buy when he has seconds also the console lids and ash trays.

If you are ever in the U.S. in Charlotte go to their place and take tour, near race track. It is like a maze with building after building being added as new work goes in. He has lots of the original equipment for making door seals and window gaskets. His dad started probably 50 years ago, Dennis Carpenter. He does sell direct.

Back