Moderators or anyone. Upgrade parts list and documentation Sticky???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
I sit and obsess over things that I want to do to my 72 Mach 1 and started wondering if there has ever been a sticky or does one already exist that documents the different mods and upgrades members have done.  Maybe a sticky that members could send links to a moderator to include in the single post. I "think" the single post with hyper links would be the best approach and most convenient for everyone.

If not is this something that could be created?  It would be nice to see and contribute "how to" documentation, pictures, links, parts lists, video's etc. to topics like:

• Manual to power window conversion
  • Stationary Rear window power conversion for fastbacks\Mach 1"s
  • Power door lock conversions
  • Fold down rear seat conversions
  • Keyless entry
  • Alarms
  • Remote starts
  • Detailed stereo build and installation
  • Suspension
  • OEM AC conversion from R12??
  • Upgraded AC compressors for equipped cars
  • Electronic Ignition conversion

Just a thought. ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more

• Roller cam conversion
  • Head porting
  • Block distressing, smoothing, grinding
  • Machine work needed for stroker builds
  • Rim fitment and tire size measuring i.e. diameter, back spacing height, areas of concern for rubbing frame and\or fender wells
  • painting
  • body repair

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot of info on the site pertaining to your suggestion... Enter what you are interested in thru the "Search" link.. I do agree that it could be simplified because I've run into the same situation of looking for info. Let's see what the moderators chime in with..

Some sites do an "index" sticky thread, that catalogs the individual topics. Best way to handle that situation is to have a dedicated "build log" pertaining only to that topic, or the thread gets cluttered with off topic chatter and nonesense.

There is already a "tutorials & how to" at the top of the individual forums...

https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-tutorials-how-to--94

Back