Adjustable or modified motor mounts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kblackav8or

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
M Code 351C originally. Basically a road race car that is street legal.
Is anyone aware of adjustable or other motor mounts for a 71 to fit a small block that lower or set the engine back a bit? With my race motor having a dry sump pan and being the compartment is already pretty spacious, I am looking to set the engine back and down for balance reasons.

Is anyone aware of adjustable or other motor mounts for a 71 to fit a small block that lower or set the engine back a bit? With my race motor having a dry sump pan and being the compartment is already pretty spacious, I am looking to set the engine back and down for balance reasons.
This guy has come up with a design for a 70 Mach. Might be close enough to be worthwhile investigating. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/612019-custom-motor-mount-build.html

There is a group buy for these mounts going on as well.

The problem with the motormounts you speak of tommy is they wont bolt up to the 71 mustangs.

The Ron morris type mounts require the 65-70 mustangs to remove the bracket where the original style mounts bolt into. And bolt the new mounts into the shock tower cradles. This, we do not share with our early mustang brethren.

Our only choice is to modify current motor mounts or fabricate new ones.

Back