Spoiler take 2.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Never Done.
Finally got some photos. Here she is just about done I still think she needs something on the back,maybe it is just me. What do you guys think?_MG_2726.JPG

Here is another view.IMG_2729.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the body lines look fine. Personally I'd cut 1-1.5 coils off of the front end to drop it a bit.

Wow, a lotta gloss on that paint job.

Looks good to me maybe a little high in the front as already stated, but that is something we all have issues with. Mine looks like a 4 x 4 with all new stuff in the front in. But I would suggest driving it some before you start cutting on anything and let things settle. My $0.02

I think the body lines look fine. Personally I'd cut 1-1.5 coils off of the front end to drop it a bit.

Thanks RacerX, just got it back a couple months ago from painter, been putting her back together since.

yeah that looks great! I love the wheels too. I don't know about a spoiler, I don't think it would hurt the look but they didn't originally come with spoilers. Some rear bumper guards might add a touch to the back.

The car looks like it just drove out of the show room!

Thanks RacerX, just got it back a couple months ago from painter, been putting her back together since.
Just cut my stock springs a week ago- removing 3/4 of a coil dropped the front about 1.25".

Looks good to me maybe a little high in the front as already stated, but that is something we all have issues with. Mine looks like a 4 x 4 with all new stuff in the front in. But I would suggest driving it some before you start cutting on anything and let things settle. My $0.02
Thanks TNfastbk, was thinking about lowering about an 1 inch up front.

The car looks like it just drove out of the show room!

Just cut my stock springs a week ago- removing 3/4 of a coil dropped the front about 1.25".
Thanks Flatback72, I have 5 years of a lot of money and sweat in her. Thing is I started with a rust free Arizona car. Everything is either new , rebuilt, refurbished, and repainted.

I was thinking....and maybe Flatback if he's willing can lend his photoshop expertise to the idea.....but instead of a 71-73 wing spoiler what about a molded spoiler that sits on the edge of the trunk lid?

As the others have said, it looks great. Mine's a relatively rust-free Arizona car too. Makes it much easier. Are those Bullitt rims? I like the blacked-out spokes.
Thanks SM3570, Yea no rust no bodywork. I got the tires and rims off of e-Bay a couple years ago, took awhile to find the right back spacing. I forget the company's name was out of California. They are bullets, the center cap looks like a Saleen logo. I might try and get the Mustang centers for them.

I think it looks great and would skip the rear spoiler. As others have said, maybe lower the front just a tad. Awesome looking car!

A very sharp car indeed. What color did you paint it? As already mentioned, maybe Flatback would be kind enough to photoshop various spoiler options on the car for you and then you would know. Tough call on to spolier her or not to spoil her.

A very sharp car indeed. What color did you paint it? As already mentioned, maybe Flatback would be kind enough to photoshop various spoiler options on the car for you and then you would know. Tough call on to spolier her or not to spoil her.
Grabber Orange, my painter said it was rough, because it did not want to cover. I would of never thought that.

Looks like the general advice trend here is no spoiler and drop the ride height a little.

I agree, but also watch your clearances with the larger tire wheel combo.

Car really looks good.

Ray

Back