Another poorly repaired nightmare of a Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemikiller

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
71 XR-7 hardtop
71 Country Squire
65 hardtop
Along the lines of the UTG Cougar video I posted a couple months back, here's another Mustang with even worse quality repairs done to it. This car has so many red flags just looking at it, that you have to think the buyer had no idea at all what they were doing. Many of the shoddy repairs are right out in plain sight, and look to have been done a long time ago.

It's just another example of the value of having a car inspected if you're inexperienced with old cars.

That was disturbing. That’s bad enough and likely all in a days work for the seller. I’d be in Superior court suing for fraud. I wouldn’t care if it cost me more than the recovery. That seller has got to go. Would be nice if the buyer would tell us who it was purchased from. It would be like a public service announcement.

Hard to believe anyone could look at this car and pay $30k for it. The visual of the exterior is enough to make me walk away. I can’t imagine how this car drove. The labor cost to rebuild this car wouldn’t be worth it. It would be cheaper to just buy a nice car and sell this one for parts.

Ugh, guy said it's really bad 25 times! Think he infered 30K was the purchase price for a 10 K car. I'm not even sure about that.
I believe he was saying it would take 30K to fix a car the customer paid 10K to buy. At least I hope the poor slob that owns the car didn't pay 30K. If they did they didn't get taken, they got raped!

I wonder what she looked like before the "restoration". It bothers me it might could have been saved properly. I hope it doesn't end up parted out and abandoned or scrapped.

I believe he was saying it would take 30K to fix a car the customer paid 10K to buy. At least I hope the poor slob that owns the car didn't pay 30K. If they did they didn't get taken, they got raped!
I listened to it twice. I couldn't believe what I'd seen the first time so I watched it again. He did indeed say the customer paid 30k for a 10k car. I've been messing with Gen 1 Mustangs since the mid 70's and the 64 1/2 thru 66 mustangs are by far the most likely to be butchered as this one has. Ever owner thinks they have gold and so many are just rolling disasters. The oldest of the breed explains some of it, but the lack of ethics in a person that would do this dangerous kind of cosmetic repair work is borderline felonious. Someone could die if they had an accident in that.

I guess I'm lucky in that I can spot this kind of disaster, so many just don't have the hands-on knowledge to know better. Have a good shop that you trust look it over before you write a check. Even I do that to put a pair of eyes on it that doesn't have an emotional investment in the car.

I listened to it twice. I couldn't believe what I'd seen the first time so I watched it again. He did indeed say the customer paid 30k for a 10k car. I've been messing with Gen 1 Mustangs since the mid 70's and the 64 1/2 thru 66 mustangs are by far the most likely to be butchered as this one has. Ever owner thinks they have gold and so many are just rolling disasters. The oldest of the breed explains some of it, but the lack of ethics in a person that would do this dangerous kind of cosmetic repair work is borderline felonious. Someone could die if they had an accident in that.

I guess I'm lucky in that I can spot this kind of disaster, so many just don't have the hands-on knowledge to know better. Have a good shop that you trust look it over before you write a check. Even I do that to put a pair of eyes on it that doesn't have an emotional investment in the car.
Yes there are a number of unscrupulous sellers out there and I was a suckered into buying a 1971 fastback that I felt was a 20 foot driver. I was sure wrong about the seller and car. Under the paint it was a real rust bucket and should not have been driven. Besides the rust there were so many things cobbled together and other things that just didn't work. I have spent more fixing the rust and bad engine than what I paid for the car. The seller also didn't tell me that the car took a MAJOR hit in front of the drivers side wheel. His baling wire fixes has cost me a bunch of time and money and I am still a year away from driving it. The seller was a fellow Mustang club member also. It goes to show that a person can't trust anyone.

Back