Hi guys. It's been a while.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hi to all new and old alike.

The old horse has been behaving itself. Not that I drive it much.

I'm enjoying it a lot more since I put in an AOD.

I'm in Sunbury, Vic so getting anywhere from my town requires freeways.

Guys, the time has come to get rid of the boat anchors, aka, 2v open heads.

(the car is an Mcode but somewhere along the line the PO swapped it out for a 351 2V/FMX)

Looking at chi 2V heads and roller rockers.

Need to hear from guys with alloy heads. What comp are you getting.

chi has them in 60cc and 67cc.

cam is

https://www.enginemaster.com.au/crane-cams-hydraulic-camshaft-226-230-.050-cr52442

I hope to stick around a bit more these days... I'm getting itchy fingers again.

Hi to all new and old alike.

The old horse has been behaving itself. Not that I drive it much.

I'm enjoying it a lot more since I put in an AOD.

I'm in Sunbury, Vic so getting anywhere from my town requires freeways.

Guys, the time has come to get rid of the boat anchors, aka, 2v open heads.

(the car is an Mcode but somewhere along the line the PO swapped it out for a 351 2V/FMX)

Looking at chi 2V heads and roller rockers.

Need to hear from guys with alloy heads. What comp are you getting.

chi has them in 60cc and 67cc.

cam is

https://www.enginemaster.com.au/crane-cams-hydraulic-camshaft-226-230-.050-cr52442

I hope to stick around a bit more these days... I'm getting itchy fingers again.
The Chi 2V heads ought to wake her up nicely.

You will need to determine whether your pistons are dished or flat top to calculate a compression ratio and select a chamber size.

Last edited by a moderator:
pistons are flat top hypers?

I dread that the new hi comp heads will hit the valves to the pistons but if the current heads aren't doing it with the current setup, why should they?

Also love to hear from anyone who's gone to a different rocker ratio than stock. (and why)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not have valve to piston clearance problems with that cam but, it still needs to be checked. I'd also look at the AFD heads. Chuck

DonC has posted a dynamic compression calculator that I had good luck with.

AFD or CHI, when you drop down into the 60cc range your static compression ratio will be somewhere in the 11:1+ range. Be sure to pair a camshaft with your head and head gasket choice that gets you in a dynamic range that is pump gas happy.... Unless you are okay filling up at the airport.

pistons are flat top hypers?

I dread that the new hi comp heads will hit the valves to the pistons but if the current heads aren't doing it with the current setup, why should they?

Also love to hear from anyone who's gone to a different rocker ratio than stock. (and why)
Assuming zero deck clearance you will be at around 10.5:1 with the larger chamber head.

very happy with the 10.5 comp. I'm leaning towards the 67cc now .ta.

I can get the AFD heads for $400 cheaper than the chi.

One thing that confuses me is the Aussie website state that the ports have been raised but the US distributor says they will bolt straight on?

For those with the AFD heads, were they a straight bolt on to your existing exhaust/inlet manifold/headers?

Does the CI (complete) package come with one piece stainless valves?

Thanks guys...

Jim

Back