Power Window Conversion or Replacement kit

Has anybody installed these quarter window power window regulators as either a conversion from manual or as a replacement for you original pancake motor/regulator? If so, was the installation straight forward and how well do they work?

6-26-2019-10-25-02-AM.png

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

Who is selling those? I might be willing to try them out.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Who is selling those? I might be willing to try them out.

Sorry I thought I captured the company info. with the image. I reposted the image with the company info. Its a company called Nu-Relics in NC. 336-699-8949

I am looking to use their 1969-70 kit with my 70 Mach 1 restoration project.

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I'm about halfway through my power quarter windows project.  I've already installed the manual crank quarter window regulators - now I just need to install the new SPAL Universal Power Window conversion kit (motors) to make it all work.

I got the manual cranks from a '72 coupe parts car, and scored a set of Autoloc universal power window motors (kit).  I got everything wired up and installed the motors in the doors, and the Autolocs turned out to be horrible.  After reading one of the threads on this forum regarding the universal power window kits, I scored a set of SPAL universal motors, but have yet to make the swap/finish the installation (for the quarters).

I'm thinking it must sound like my Mach 1 is a rolling collection of nit-noid unfinished projects.  Truth be told, that's not all that far off actually.  Fortunately, the things I still need to finish are basically cosmetic in nature, and the car is completely drivable otherwise.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• 1 year later...

I have been looking at the power window conversion options and this old thread touches on both I am looking at.

How are the Nu-Relics, if anyone has tried? the switcher are really expensive so I could get the kit without switches and then opt for universal switches.

The SPAL option is much cheaper. I assume that you will place some type of cap in the current crank  hole, but you will need to find another spot for the switch. This is the one I found: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNKLSNB/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3R7ZZO3VFXHKY&psc=1

Any pictures of any of these applications?

Edited by tony-muscle

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes