• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

parting out 1972 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys i picked up a 72 convertible today and am going to be in the process of parting it out soon. The body is pretty much shot. Floor pans were so bad that the car actually broke in half just behind the doors and is sitting on the ground. the good news is that its a 351 car with c6 and 9 inch rear. power disc brakes that i am probably going to put on my 71. Lots of other good parts still. It also has the long center console in it with a clock that looks to be in good shape. I also have a 77 granada / monarch that has the disc brake set up with spindles for a disc brake conversion for our mustangs. These brakes will work on all 65 thru 73 mustangs to convert to disc brakes. If you guys have any questions pm me or reply to the post or call email or text me. 724 290 4497 I am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Thanks Kevin

I am in hilliards pa. Im only about 40 min from youngstown. I can be on interstate 80 in ten minutes then its just 30 min to youngstown. Damn wish i would have paid more attention to those posts. I would have love to of met up with some guys and take the mach on a little road trip. Going to kent Oh next weekend for a wedding. Going with my parents and my older brother and his wife. All taking mustangs. I have the 71 mach, mom and dad 66 coupe and brother has 67 coupe. Should be fun.

What color is the interior and console? interested in the console if complete and the right price.

Hey guys i picked up a 72 convertible today and am going to be in the process of parting it out soon. The body is pretty much shot. Floor pans were so bad that the car actually broke in half just behind the doors and is sitting on the ground. the good news is that its a 351 car with c6 and 9 inch rear. power disc brakes that i am probably going to put on my 71. Lots of other good parts still. It also has the long center console in it with a clock that looks to be in good shape. I also have a 77 granada / monarch that has the disc brake set up with spindles for a disc brake conversion for our mustangs. These brakes will work on all 65 thru 73 mustangs to convert to disc brakes. If you guys have any questions pm me or reply to the post or call email or text me. 724 290 4497 I am located about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Thanks Kevin
I'm from the Harborcreek, North East area originally. Where are you at?

vert4.bmpvert 3.bmpFinally got some pics of the vert. Just got home tonight and looked through it a little and will look at the parts people have been asking me about tommorrow after work. I will try and get back to everyone tommorrow. sorry about the delay. WORK SUCKS! Good thing is i was able to dump a little gas down the carb hit the key and it fired up pretty easily!!! I was amazed cause it has been sitting for a while.

looking for quarter windows that roll up for my mach 1. Think a verts will work, how much if you have them.
Looks like everything for the quarter windows are there.

Attachments

• vert 3.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 28
  • vert4.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Haven't seen one that bad. We've got rust in south Texas, but not quite that bad. Car looks like it almost split in two.

Talk about rode hard and put up wet!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back