No I did not die yet, but computer did

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
When micro soft did updates the computer would never start back up. So I finally got something to get back here on. 

So I do not have lots of the pics I did back up but will have to find it all.

Not much going on I did go to the MOM Mustang Owner's Museum and got the 73 Mach 1 back home. After sitting there for 6 months without being started we rolled it to the back door changed out the rear tires and I turned it over and it fired off without even charging the battery. It still has just points and condenser also no electronics. 

I took to Maggie Valley Mustang show the longest running Mustang show in the U.S.. put it in the garage for the winter. 

It will be part of the inside display at the PITS Ponies In The Smokies in March of 2020 in Tenn.

I did go to the MOM for the Bullitt Mustang display. They had it there for a Saturday night and Sunday display. Mecum Auction was there and they do want to sell my Mach 1 at the same auction due to the high number of Mustang buyers that will be there. The Black Hornet Shelby Mustang will be sold there also. 

I shot two hours of video for the Museum at the Bullitt presentation getting it edited and will go on youtube and also to the museum for their archives. I did not take many pics of the car shot lots of video.

It is beat to heck with rust holes and bondo everywhere. They crashed it several times during the movie shoot and had to slop the bondo on and keep it going. 

He had rebuilt the engine so it is all painted but the remainder of the car is trashed. They expect it to go for over 3 million at the auction.

There was a couple that flew in from Iceland just to see the car. 

Welcome back on. Hard on the eyes to see such a well known car go to hell. Looks pretty rough from what I can see on your pictures. Hope whoever wins the bid will restore it back to like new condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
If restored would be worthless. When they did the movie they actually took a pipe and beat the car up. To kill the paint they rubbed with scrubber pads. The owner has a body shop by trade but he knew if restored it would be worthless. Only original once and this car will prove that point for sure.

Thanks for the pics David but more importantly I'm glad you are doing okay.

Hopefully your old hard drive is still functional, and you'll be able to pull all of your files from it. Even if the hard drive died you can still have the files retrieved, at a cost.

I back up regularly, daily on my work computer, weekly on my personal one. Both have double backups, cloud plus external hard drives.

Glad your ok, just a reminder to put me in your will for a couple of cars....
So if we are nice and provide endearing platitudes we get a car? Count me in! :p

Back