16 years old with a 38 year old car!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoho32

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Fastback
Just got a good looking 1973 Mach 1 fastback. Couldnt ask for a better car! got it from alaska and it has no ac.. :/ for someone who lives in north texas(breaking heat tempatures everyday) the no ac part sucks but its definetley a head turner so its alright. Everything original but paint. i have the original rims just not on it. Should i put louvers on the back window?

rm8v8g.jpg

24o6arm.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum.::welcome::

That´s a cool looking car you got there! You guys are lucky in the US. We are not allowed to drive until we´re 18..... :-( Those were the longest 18 years of my life! :)

Welcome and nice car. As for louvers it's all up to you. It's your car whatever you want to do with it is up to you. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DONK IT OR 4X4 IT OF COURSElollerz::beer::

Welcome to the site. Great looking Stang! Louvers do look sharp IMHO, but as others said it your car! Is that the MystiChome paint that changes color in different light used on some of the newer Cobra's?

WELCOME aboard!

I, for one, love the look of the louvers on the fast back body for our (1971 - 1973) Mustangs. I understand some have apparently had some issues with opening the trunk, dependent upon which version or company one use to acquire the unit.

In the end, as mentioned by several others, it is YOUR Mustang and I can assure you that whatever approach you decide will be supported by folks here on the Site:).

I look forward to interacting with you on the different Forums and again, Welcome to the Site.

BT

nice car there!! i got the same car when i was in highschool...and i still have it 20 years later..woot!!. a 1973 mustang mach 1.....btw...what motor you got in there? and is she a q code mach 1?

::welcome:: from central Oklahoma. I like the color. So much better than orange. Chuck

Glad you made it! Very nice car and stance. I ordered a louver from CJ Pony and only hope it's the brand that fits like a glove. If you can wait a couple of weeks, then I'll post a feedback on how well the install went and fit and clearance issues etc etc etc.. ::welcome::

::welcome:: from central Oklahoma. I like the color. So much better than orange. Chuck
Hey Hey Hey now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Those are fighting words Chuck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I like the look of your car. +1 for the louvers. I have an 12 year old son who "owns" our 72 and will get it when he is 16 provided he helps me now in fixing it up/getting it ready for him to drive then. Then i have a 7 year old son who "owns" one of the 73s...same story for him. I think there is nothing wrong with 16 year olds having the coolest looking car around provided they don't get stupid with it and wreck it / kill themselves...hence my wrench time requirement so they'll appreciate the car more.

As for you, I'd recommend getting the ac and you doing the install/wrench time for the same reasons...plus it'll get you very familiar with the car's inner workings. Only one way to learn that...hands on!

Good luck with it and enjoy owing one of the coolest cars around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back