hello from Iowa

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351w, C4 set up for drag racig.
Hello everyone.

My name is Denis from Iowa. I have a 71 Mustang that is set up for drag racing. I race 1/8 mile at Eddyville Raceway Park in the sportsman class. It has a 83 351w motor that is stock bottom end with edebrock alum heads.

I run 7.80 at 83mph right now and have a 72 351w block being built as a 393 can't wait for it to be done. Then hopefully will have to slow it down as the max that I can run is 7.50.

Will have new pics within the next month as its going to be paint Sonic Blue Pearl with some fine metallic flakes added.

Looking for

Cheap for race car

Hood Latch

Hood Latch bracket

71-72 Grille (doesn't have to be perfect)

Will have soon to get rid of

71-73 NASA hood rough shape

73 grille rough shape

iclljt.jpg

Welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see more photos!

::welcome::

Welcome, Nice ride!

Thanks everyone.

Yes it is set up for drag racing it was that way when I bought it but the guy never finished it.

I have put a lot of time and money into it but I have fun and that is the name of the game.

Attached is a pic of the way that I bought the car. No motor, transmission, front window, grille, drive shaft.

I am planning on next month getting the car painted a solid blue and putting in a new 393 motor instead of the mainly stock 351wso hopefully will run faster lol. I got lucky and found a stock 72 351w got the complete motor for only $75.00.

flyoom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back