Whats the answer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang Ricky

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
I recently installed my headliner in my 71 Coupe and had to remove the rear window. The question is should the rear window be sealed in or is the rubber gasket enough? I have had several conflicting opinions and came to the best source for answers! YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently installed my headliner in my 71 Coupe and had to remove the rear window. The question is should the rear window be sealed in or is the rubber gasket enough? I have had several conflicting opinions and came to the best source for answers! YOU!
Ricky,

The rear window must be sealed or it will leak.

Ricky,

The rear window must be sealed or it will leak.
{thumbs up}

If you dig the 17" wheel more than the 18", you can find tall tires in size 275/55-17 that equals 28.9" tall tire with 9.2" thread. You can use wheel between 7.5-9.5 wide. For the fronts you can use 215/60-17 which is 27.1" tall if you want to use the tall tires.

275/55-17 tires has little bit of wider thread than the smaller diameter 275/60-15 - you can say it by the eye.

I allready regret posting this picture since I was not able to find a Mustang with 275/55-17 rears from the internet, but try to avoid the car, just look the wheels & tires! :blush:

Candy-Orange.jpg

Back