18" Space Saver Wheel?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback - 351C-4V, Fitech EFI, T56 Magnum 6 Speed
I'm running much larger than stock brakes and my old spare won't work any longer. I'd just assume not have a full size tire in the trunk like I've been doing. Anyone know of a larger space saver style wheel / tire from some OEM that that might fit? Even at 18" it would need to be pretty flat so it doesn't run into the front calipers or I'll need 6" of spacers along with the spare :) . Ideally love to get something as compact and light as possible.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Thanks. I do think that'll be too small as I had to machine thing down just to get the 18's I have on there to clear. My current spare is actually a full size 17" SVT Cobra wheel.

Some modern fords (Lincoln town cars?) have a temp spare that is on an aluminum wheel.

I grabbed a couple temp spare steelies out of a pick-n-pull yard that were in late 2000’s fords. Only catch was the offset wasn’t quite right. Needed a thin spacer to clear my front calipers.

If you have a pick-n-pull yard nearby grab a couple bucks for the cover charge and go have a look.

Back